hanging thing on walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benjiray

Whats the best way, i assume that the paneling is very thin and that the wall isn't thick to start with.

thanks

benjiray said:
Whats the best way, i assume that the paneling is very thin and that the wall isn't thick to start with.

thanks

the blue gummy stuff  works really well for light items (made by Loctite sold at WalMart in office supply area).

What I want to find a source for are the "body clips" used to mount the day/night shade tie down thing.
Beyond that it's about screws and some thought of where more than balsa wood is behind the wall paper.

Earthquake putty works really well. It's like real putty but adheres to surfaces and keeps things from moving around. As long as the item being hung on the wall isn't too heavy, it will work fine.

For heavier items there is a hook that adheres to the wall but is easily removable by pulling a tab. Can't tell you the name as my wife is asleep at the moment. :) If you can't find it, let me know and I'll get the info. I know ACE hardware has it in stock.

Jim Dick said:
For heavier items there is a hook that adheres to the wall but is easily removable by pulling a tab. Can't tell you the name as my wife is asleep at the moment. :) If you can't find it, let me know and I'll get the info. I know ACE hardware has it in stock.

That's the 3M Command strips Jim mentioned above. They work well and come in several weight ratings and styles.

3M also has Command Strips with Velcro; Makes it easy to move things around.

Earthquake/museum putty works extremely well with light or heavy objects on a horizontal surface, but we've found that it creeps with anything but light objects on a vertical surface, especially in hot conditions.

I would like to hang a flat screen on an exterior wall but need to find an aluminum stud. Any ideas? Shouldn't make any difference, but we have a 2000 Alpenlite Spyglass 29RL. Thanks

I'll check that out. Thought they worked on magnetism which wouldn't be much help with aluminum, but perhaps they work on mass or ??  I'll check it out. thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom