El Mirage & Golf Cart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Finally had a chance to download my camera and here is the golf cart picture I was asked for. 

First picture is closeup of GC.

Second pic is our spot at El Mirage including shed and the Admiral's potted plants.

Third is prep of Thanksgiving Dinner.  If you look closely you can see the food line is already forming.

Attachments

• P1010142 (Medium).JPG
    P1010142 (Medium).JPG
    63 KB · Views: 53
  • P1010149 (Medium).JPG
    P1010149 (Medium).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010151 (Medium).JPG
    P1010151 (Medium).JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 47
Bet that little ole golf cart will set you back 49 or 50 Bucks  Huh?  Are there any Large RV slots left there in Puelbo El Mirage? Son lives about 8 miles from it and is coming over to check it out for me.  What lot are you in so maybe he can ask for you.  perhaps you might guide him.  Thanks

Yes tons of slots for large RVs.  They do not allow campers on pickups, but trailers, 5th wheels, and motorhomes Class C and Class A are OK but must be less then 11 years old. Actually all the slots accommodate large RVs, they have no small slots.  Everything comes with 50 amp service and full hookups.  Now some of the slots are in what they call undeveloped areas, which means only one 10x10 concrete pad and no landscaping.  But still full hookups.  We signed an annual lease which allowed us to pick a prime spot directly opposite the pool and gym.  The longer your time commitment the better spots you can nail down.  an annual lease allowed us to place a shed on the property and now we can leave our winter stuff hear all year round.

the golf cart is a Western Elegante which is a custom body on an EZGo chassis.  It is a 1993 in cream puff condition.  A retired NYC fire chief was the previous owner.  He traded it in for a new cart and the owner of the company taking the trade was going to keep it for himself.  I finally wheeled and dealed him down to $3200.  Has radio, tape player, heater, full canvas, front luggage compartment, rear fold down bench seat and many other extras.  Have already been offered $3800 for it by another park owner and turned it down.  This one is a keeper and we were just plain lucky to find it.

I finally wheeled and dealed him down to $3200.  Has radio, tape player, heater, full canvas, front luggage compartment, rear fold down bench seat and many other extras.

Geez, Smoky, I thought the purpose of the golf cart was to give a little assistance to the carrying of your clubs.  Sounds more like this unit is built for off-roading ;).

Ciao,

Doug

DougJ said:
I finally wheeled and dealed him down to $3200.  Has radio, tape player, heater, full canvas, front luggage compartment, rear fold down bench seat and many other extras.

Geez, Smoky, I thought the purpose of the golf cart was to give a little assistance to the carrying of your clubs.  Sounds more like this unit is built for off-roading ;).

Ciao,

Doug

Doug,

Golf carts are a status symbol in many parks. We have some here at The Great Outdoors that look like a model A pickup. List price, the last time I checked, was $14,000!!!!! Smoky was VERY lucky to get that cart for that price. It probably would sell for close to $10K new in some parks.

Golf carts are a status symbol in many parks. We have some here at The Great Outdoors that look like a model A pickup. List price, the last time I checked, was $14,000!!!!!

So, Jim, I took a wrong turn in life somewhere.  I just can't get my head around $14K for a golf cart, but then my pockets are pretty damned shallow :eek:.

Ciao,

Doug

$10K seems an awful lot of money for a used golf cart. The used ones I see for sale in this community are priced around $2K-$4K. Now I don't know anything about golf carts other than they have an electric motor, deep cycle batteries, a couple of seats, 4 wheels/tires and a fiberglass body. What makes them more or less valuable?

Looks as if I'll be joining Smokey in about a month or so.  MY MH is a 98 so I'm just under the cap.  I'll get a golf cart but nothing like that, however I think you got a very good buy.  Wife would bury me in it, LOL.  I also tow a 24' enclosed car hauler for the wife's Linc TC  I guess I spoiled her.  But that's ok I like it too cause, I  also have one.  I'll be leaving it here with the Dau until I decide what to do with it and where we are going to live.  Pueblo El Mirage seems to be one of the 4 really nice RV parks in the Surprise area where my Son Lives.  Only one without Golf course is the Sunflower I think.  I once saw in the Village, in Florida a Diesel Powered, A/C Golf cart with doors and awnings on top that rolled out with when the doors opened.  Needless to say I din't inquire about the price, cause some of those guys down there really get carried away.  Sold our place down there a few yrs ago  go too expensive for me.  Again  Nice rig Smokey./

Tom said:
$10K seems an awful lot of money for a used golf cart. The used ones I see for sale in this community are priced around $2K-$4K. Now I don't know anything about golf carts other than they have an electric motor, deep cycle batteries, a couple of seats, 4 wheels/tires and a fiberglass body. What makes them more or less valuable?

Tom,

What usually happens is they take an older chassis, mine is a 95, and remove everything. The running gear is all new as well as the body and every other part. That can add up to quite a bit of money. Most carts are two seaters but for an RV community it's nice to have four seats. Another extra. ;D It all adds up to what each individual wants. I do know that the majority of custom carts, such as the $14K model, are owned by those that can afford the big homes as well as a big coach. :)

Jim Dick said:
the majority of custom carts, such as the $14K model, are owned by those that can afford the big homes as well as a big coach. :)

Well that sure counts me out.

Me 3  Getting the point where I'm wondering where the money went so fast.

Tom,

When we moved here about 5 years ago we were informed that 53 millionaires lived here. I think I can believe that now. ;D I do know one lives here though we haven't seen him lately. It's Homer Formby, the do it yourself furniture refinisher. I can see his house from our coach. :)

Jim

Must be nice living among the wealthy  :)

DougJ said:

Ciao,

Doug

Smoky:

Don't I remember a discussion a few months ago when you were  concerned about the mileage you would put on your toad? The GC must be your way of keeping those miles down.
;D ;D

LOL Jeff.  Well when I have time to check mileage I will give an update report.  However I think that report will prove you guys were right after all.  Just yesterday we put another 400 miles on the toad while the coach continues to sit here week after week.  :D

Doug, the cart is not much off road unless you are on a fairway.  However it IS street legal and we have an Arizona tag on it.  We can drive on any street around here that has a speed limit under 40 mph.  It had a top speed of 30 mph, but I never drive that fast.

All in all I believe I got a great deal at $3200.  As Tom pointed out most decent used carts sell for $2k to $4k.  I found if you drop below $2k, you usually are looking at a clinker with various kinds of problems.  The only problem I have run in to so far is that the meter which gives an estimate of remaining battery power sometimes has to be "tapped" a bit to work.  Likely a loose connection under the dash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom