2008 Voyage dump valve question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howdymi

Can someone post a picture of their 2008 Voyage water compartment??  On ours when we bought it the valves were positioned so far forward the gray water handle couldn't be pulled out all the way as it hit on the metal panel.  The dealer cut out part of the panel so the valve would clear.  Problem now is with it being forward it puts a bent in the hose to come down through the access hole.  Also the gray water handle is still hard to get your hand on.  I just wondered if they all are this way or if at the factory someone put the plumbing for the valve assembly together wrong on ours.  Notice the left lower edge of the panel has been cut away and a black molding added to cover the sharp cut edge.

Attachments

• P1030589 (640 x 480).jpg
    P1030589 (640 x 480).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 49
I don't have a Winnebago, but that looks to me like a factory goof.  I don't see any reason the valve assembly can't be moved to the right at least as far as what you'd have if you shortened that section of pipe that says "the US" and put the valve flange flush against the next fitting, or further depending on what's outside the picture.  It'll mean replacing the outer halves of the dump valves with new pieces (where they transition to the pipe) but they're inexpensive.  Extending the left hand pipe an equal amount will be either easy or difficult depending on how much has to be disassembled to get access to it.

I checked out the factory plumbing print and looks like the factory goofed and put the long nipple on the wrong side.  I think it's a Winnie goof so I'll let them fix it as the print calls for.  It's still under warranty till late next spring.  By then I may have more things to fix or adjust.  Like the bathroom wall the door is attached to, about 3' of wall is loose at the bottom like it's not fastened to the floor.  Some times I think it was built on a Sunday while the bosses were in church. 

Hi i have a 2008 voyage and my sewer dump valve is more to the right and have no problems dumping

I have a 2007 Voyage 35A .. the dump handle assemby is approx 6" to the right - well positioned and convienent for use..
If I figure how to attach pic, can do later this AM

[quote author=WhiteEagle]If I figure how to attach pic, can do later this AM[/quote]

Here you go:

• After typing your message, but before clicking Post, click Additional Options immediately below the message composition window.
  • Click Browse to search for a photo on your local computer.
  • To attach a second photo, click More attachments and repeat the above step.
  • To attach a third photo, click More attachments and repeat the above two steps.
  • When you've finished attaching photos, click Post to post your message with attachments.
Note: There is a maximum size limit for each photo and a maximum total size for all photos attached to the same message. These limits, which are shown on the attachment screen, are in place primarily to help folks who are on cell phones or other slow connections. If your individual photos are under the limit but the total is over, try attaching some to a second message. Just reply to your own original message and attach the additional photos.

Ok .. thanks for the guidance - I have tried to do that with a couple photos but they didn't apparently go through.... I was getting no response at all after i attached the 2 photos and hit "post"....
I'll try it again with just the one photo this time... and send the second one separately...
Here's the photo of the dump valve compartment on my Voyage 35A ... very convienent to use....
The cord outlet hanging on the left is the heavy duty extension cord I ran into this compartment so i can have a heater running in that compartment if temp gets down to teens or below .....

Latest on this .. error message popped up that attachment is too large..... apparently I'll have to go back and take photo with lower MP ... ??
The photo "properties" says it's 2.0 MB in size....

[quote author=WhiteEagle] .. error message popped up that attachment is too large..... apparently I'll have to go back and take photo with lower MP ... ?? The photo "properties" says it's 2.0 MB in size....
[/quote]

Aye, that's too big. You can use one of various free image re-sizers. If you use an image manipulation program, it may have a re-size capability. The max file size is shown on the screen when attach anything to a message, before you click Post.

Ok... went out, lowered camera setting from 12mp to 2mp, then resized down to 60%... hopeful pic is clear/large enough... will just send 1 at a time..

Attachments

• Winnebago35AWatercomp4.JPG
    Winnebago35AWatercomp4.JPG
    815.7 KB · Views: 30
WhiteEagle said:
Ok... went out, lowered camera setting from 12mp to 2mp, then resized down to 60%... hopeful pic is clear/large enough... will just send 1 at a time..
Thanks for the pictures.  Looks much easier to get at left handle than what mine is.  I have an appointment at the dealer in a couple weeks to fix a few items, but I think I'll save that plumbing job for the factory.  We'll spend most the winter in the south in it, so I'm sure we'll have added a few needed fixes and adjustments to the list by spring.  I'll make a spring appointment at the factory and have the rest of the list taken care of there.

What I hate is having to crouch down to get into the hookups for water and drains.  I end up all hunched over to get under those doors, they open straight out but not up like the other bay doors.  I think I will get me a little stool to sit on.  I'm pretty agile, but those are killers on me.

Check on the right side of each panel door... there should be a wire / strap that can be unhooked to let the bay door go up...

Back
Top Bottom