Mahoney Heading for Oregon via Montana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy - I completely understand.  Can't have anything coming between me and the signal for my Oregon Ducks games!

Margi

Wendy, the Grant County Fairgrounds was very nice for it's $20.00. with FHP.  Easy to get in; however, you know those pesky trees you talked about, they are at the fairgrounds too.  Lots of them.  We didn't even try to get a signal.  Tim has an air card and it worked very well.  We were able to get TV off the King Dome dish in the front of the coach.  If your satellite internet dish in on the front of the coach, it might work.  We were in Site 5.  We got reservations a while ago; but there were only a handful of people; mostly worker bees.  And.....the hot shot fire guys and gals were there in their little tents.  There is lots of grass for Gordon to play ball. 

Marsha~

Russ -

So nice to hear your voice on the phone today!  Sorry to hear our heat wave will drive you to the coast instead of toward Sutherlin.  We've gone "cold turkey" from a long, cool, rainy spring straight into high 90's or more for a while.  Our thermometer, mounted in the shade on the shed, registered 101 today.  Atomic clock registered "only" 97.  Haven't yet asked Wally what his weather station registered.  We'll look forward to your visit after the FMCA gathering. 

Oh .... I'm glad I was able to ring your chimes about driving 716 miles in one day.  No, No, Russ!  (Like that's going to change his habits.  ::))  Love you!  ;D

Margi

7/8 Eugene, Kaiser Brakes for front end alignment and new steering parts tomorrow. 102F. I am making do with free 30 amp service, running one A/C. Now at 5 pm the temp inside has crept up to 79F.

I changed plans when Margi told me how hot it was going to be in Sutherlin and low probability of scoring a non boondocking site there. Kaiser had an appointment available and I have most of the next 10 days booked at the marina CG in Newport to await my next service call at Peninsula Glass on 7/22.

And when will you hit Redmond? Hopefully, the temp there will be a pleasant 82 degrees....at least that's what those of us with non-electric reservations hope !!

Wendy

7/9 Well that good idea did not fly!

The parts kit was for the next version of CC Magna, not my 2000 which got the independent front suspension right before mine got built. End result they need to build a part or two and won't finish till Monday. Good news is that they could cobble something together and get me setup outside with satellite access.

Another scorcher today. better temps for the weekend.

Due to arrive in redmond 8/9 PM, Wendy.

Update, Russ. 

Lynches are due in to have Wally install solar panels on (I think) Monday.  Ken and Sheila driving up for lunch on Tuesday.  I volunteer in the office Monday, so should know what the rental lot situation is by then.  When I checked today, all lots were rented.  Are you in Portland or Junction City?  We're having our annual block party Saturday, Hepworths and Binningers co-hosting.  I hope we get at least a ten degree break in the weather.  Predictions were for 93 degrees today, but we topped out at 98.  Wouldn't be so uncomfortable if we hadn't had such a late, cool, rainy spring.  Ready for a break to help us acclimate.

Margi

7/10 Margi, there is a mission nearby and many homeless in the area. Several are living in their cars across the street. I will be staying home and catching up with TV this weekend.

Russ, we were thinking of you at the supper table tonight.  We bought $40 worth of live lobster, we cooked them, and then ate all that we could. There is lots left over.  I hope you economy keeps being down in the dumps, it keeps the price of lobster down.

Here are a couple of photos.
Steering linkage is what they spent all Friday replacing.
Lazy dogs are the "guardians" of the cash register

Ed & Donna- I'll be on the oregon coast in a few days and will happily make do with Dungenous crab. :)

Attachments

• steering_linkages.jpg
    steering_linkages.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 35
  • lazy_dogs_at_Deterin_A7A885.jpg
    lazy_dogs_at_Deterin_A7A885.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 41
Love the "guardian" dogs - look like lab mix with the laid-back lab being dominant.

You guys can keep your crab and your lobster, I just want some fresh halibut.

Noticed the high in Redmond today was 97. Tuesday high is supposed to be 78. Hope it's the highs in the 70s during the rally.

Wendy

Wendy, we could get decent crab and salmon all throughout our western trip, but what we couldn't get was haddock.  We've had 3 feeds of it in the 2 weeks since we've been home, and will have a few more before we leave the Maritimes.  ;)

7/14 Pleasant 150 mile drive to Newport for a 6 day stay. Sunny, breezy and cool @60F. Will rest up for the next round of service appointments.
7/22 replace windows Vancouver WA
7/26 Davis cabinets will do some trim work in Junction City OR
8/2 Oregon Motorcoach will repair dash A/C in Eugene OR
8/9 arrive Redmond for FMCA rally.

Russ

We're going to miss you in Newport, you are leaving before we get there. Where are you staying, Newport Outdoor Resorts or the Marina?

7/26 Davis Cabinet in Jct City OR
I will be in the area for 2 weeks.
Window replacement went smoothly last week. Visited friends N of Vancouver WA over weekend and arrived at Davis Cabinet on Sunday. 92F, sunny, dry.

Plan on a couple of days getting some minor repairs.

At noon Fitzgeralds stopped by and we plan on dining in eugene tonight.

rhmahoney said:
7/26 Davis Cabinet in Jct City OR
I will be in the area for 2 weeks.
Window replacement went smoothly last week. Visited friends N of Vancouver WA over weekend and arrived at Davis Cabinet on Sunday. 92F, sunny, dry.

Plan on a couple of days getting some minor repairs.

At noon Fitzgeralds stopped by and we plan on dining in eugene tonight.

So close and yet, so far away.  We are in Astoria watching ships go by on the Columbia River.

PhilB

Russ

We'll probably be in Roseburg Wed and Thurs nite and then up to Eugene. Any campground recommendations in the area? We'll try to get together when we get up there.

Bernie:
River Bend Resort - www.visitriverbendresort.com
23650 Peoria Road, Harrisburg - (541) 995-9995

Back
Top Bottom