Freightliner safety recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caltex

I just received a recall letter from Freightliner. The subject is the ZF steering, the issue is that "the steering shaft splines could push through the lower yoke, allowing the steering wheel to turn without any response".

Now wouldn't that be exciting!

This applies to XC chassis manufactured between April 8, 2004 and December 23, 2004.

This came in a standard first class letter.  I would think that given the seriousness of the potential failure, that maybe a registered letter would be more appropriate.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for that info. I'm going to pass it on to our service advisor in case he hasn't seen it yet. Sometimes these RV manufacturers just don't know how to get such important information to the customers.

caltex said:
I just received a recall letter from Freightliner. The subject is the ZF steering, the issue is that "the steering shaft splines could push through the lower yoke, allowing the steering wheel to turn without any response".

Now wouldn't that be exciting!

This applies to XC chassis manufactured between April 8, 2004 and December 23, 2004.

This came in a standard first class letter.? I would think that given the seriousness of the potential failure, that maybe a registered letter would be more appropriate.

What brand/model rig are you driving ?

Back
Top Bottom