Generac Generator model 9055-1 in SLC, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoEzzy

My diesel generator appeared to have a problem, it refused to start, it would run for a short while, only when the preheat was engaged but stall out once released.

I did the usual fuel filter, oil and coolant checks and they were all in the zone, reading the troubleshooting section of the manual, it reads as if the oil pressure switch, the coolant level  switch or the control board could be the problem.

The oil pressure switch I found for $35.00
The coolant switch I found for $55.00, (but not available locally), for 5 or more days!
The control board was $500 - $700  :eek:

I contacted both the local Camping World stores and their service departments, (newbie mistake), service means changing the oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter, not actually working on the generator, I checked the Generac web site for other places and all the 6 "service" centers only do services!

There were no repair centers available, so I let my fingers do the walking, and based on the information received found C.W. Silver, (near downtown Salt Lake City), they repair generators of all sizes, domestic, industrial and RV.

I changed out the oil pressure switch, held off ordering the coolant switch due to the holiday delays, and when the oil switch didn't solve my woes, scheduled an hour with their mechanic.

It was an inline fuse behind and part of the control panel, the 10 amp fuse had blown at some point in the past, and it had been replaced incorrectly with a 5 amp, that chose this week to blow, the fix was $104 and change plus the $35.00 for the oil pressure switch.

Repairs that are beyond ones scope to complete are a PITA, and so easy to expand part by part to slowly include the whole of an item, when we tackle these jobs our selves, so I'm happy that it didn't run that course, I can't say enough good things about C.W. Silver's, competent, efficient, knowledgeable and reasonable priced, IMO!

So if your generator goes out in a trip through Utah, don't chase around, (unless you know somewhere as good or better), head for C.W. Silver's!

I have no connection to them other than being a happy camper once again, with their excellent repair service. 

Great report, SoEzzy.  Thanks for sharing that info.  I will definitely add SLC C.W. Silver to my list of trusted repair facilities.

I can sympathize with your predicament.  Been there, done that, but with different equipment.  Glad to hear that it was
something that was easily and affordable to fix.  That control board price seems pretty spendy to me.

Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom