What Shows to See in Branson, MO ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty, Betty and I were in Branson 2 weeks before we saw you guys at Hop, Skip, and Jump.  we went to a lot of shows and all were outstanding...12 Irish Tenors, Pressley Family, Noah, are ones I would not want to miss..but all outstanding including the Russian comic and Japanese violinists.  Been in Alaska since late May and will be here another month..following your posting ..trip of a lifetime.  enjoy Branson, truly an American throwback to a better time in our great country.  Jim Miles

jimmiles said:
  enjoy Branson, truly an American throwback to a better time in our great country. 

Jim,
Such true words.  We saw a Tribute to the Eagles tonight...Take it to the Limit.  These guys sounded just like Eagles. Do you remember Hotel California?    Don't you just love it when you know all the words to most of the songs.  We  cheered, clapped, sang along and totally enjoyed the evening.  The first 7 rows of  14 seats  were filled the  other 3/4 of the God and Country Theatre was empty.

Well not all of the evening was as fun.  We did not anticipate the two lane road with  so much traffic.  It was decided tonight that I woud  be doing the around Branson driving in the car  to events as it is just too stressful for Terry. 

We also had 77  degree temps today with 87% humidity.  It is like a sauna outside.  I stayed put inside the MH all day with air conditioning. 

We really like this Turkey Creek SKP Park.  As was mentioned earlier, when we checked in we were given a sheet of all shows and an unexpected  delight, discounts on most shows,  some significant.  ( box office $30.00 our price $19) Others discounted by $5 a ticket.  All shows were available when we wanted to see them. I'll let you  know each day what we saw.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Well not all of the evening was as fun.  We did not anticipate the two lane road with  so much traffic.  It was decided tonight that I woud  be doing the around Branson driving in the car  to events as it is just too stressful for Terry. 

Betty

We found that a couple of the local side streets that parallel the main drag were usually much less congested and we got around quite easily using them. Marlene hated the thought of going to Branson our first time and now considers herself a junkie, she had so much fun there. Enjoy

BernieD said:
We found that a couple of the local side streets that parallel the main drag were usually much less congested and we got around quite easily using them.

Yep Bernie,

Found those too last night.  They were also backed up.  Today we will leave earlier allowing more time.  Shoji is on for tonight.    Today is sunny.

Betty

We also had 77  degree temps today with 87% humidity.  It is like a sauna outside.  I stayed put inside the MH all day with air conditioning. 

We were there 3 years ago about the same time of year (mid-July) and absolutely hated the weather - hot and humid is just not my thing. The dog didn't even want to go outside. We've heard from a lot of people that it's really great around Christmas, better weather, great directions and good shows. We've thought about going that way some winter but have no desire to return in the summer. But at least you've got A/C and the shows are in nice cool theaters !!

Wendy

Betty Brewer said:
Yep Bernie,

Found those too last night.  They were also backed up.  Today we will leave earlier allowing more time.  Shoji is on for tonight.    Today is sunny.

Betty

Damn, someone must have squealed about my detours :eek: . Don't forget to check out the restrooms at Shoji.

Today was sunny and  around 92 degrees but it was not as humid as yesterday, still  a sauna just not as bad.  I  visited the Branson Landing  Shopping Mall and enjoyed the Fountain opening to  Star Spangled Banner at noon.  Great effects with the flames and water!  Got few items shopping and will return  for things I'm thinking about.  They have Chicos, Coldwater Creek and Christopher Banks stores right in a row!

We left earlier tonight for dinner out.  I drove, (not because Terry was stressed he informed me) but because he does not enjoy traffic.  Well tonight we took Bernie's shortcut (the same one we took last night)  and  there was NO traffic.  We had no wait at Red Lobster .  IN fact were were about 1.5 hours early for the Shoji Tabuchi Show.  It provided time to visit their lavish  bathrooms.  Terry could have played pool in the men's room!  I took photos.  Then the Show.... What a fantastic variety show.  His ability with the violin is amazing.  The  music covered all  genre , Broadway, Cajun, Country, American and even a set on Christmas since he realizes most of us will not be returning for his Christmas show. It  even snowed.  Costumes were flashy, dancers were peppy and skilled.  Terry and I sang out loud in the car all the way home with very little traffic.  What a wonderful day.  The lady who sat next to us has visited Branson on many occasions and she said Friday night is the busiest night.  They fill theatres on Fridays so that may explain the crowded streets last night.

Tomorrow is Glee.

Terry could have played pool in the men's room!  I took photos.

You took photos in the men's restroom ?  ;)

Wasn't the water show at the Landing great? We went down there one day to do a geocache and got there just before the fountains started up. There were a lot of people waiting there for the water show so we had to wait to do the cache - we were so glad because we really enjoyed watching and listening! And we even found the cache after everyone left.

Sounds like you're having a good time, other than the heat. Just to make you feel better, it was 97 in Redmond yesterday....but it was a dry heat :)

Wendy

Wendy said:
You took photos in the men's restroom ?  ;)

And exactly what is wrong with taking photos in the men's restroom? Here is the men's restroom at the Grand Canyon Park Headquarters. Straight out of the art deco 30s.

Attachments

• Mens restroom.jpg
    Mens restroom.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 37
seilerbird said:
And exactly what is wrong with taking photos in the men's restroom? Here is the men's restroom at the Grand Canyon Park Headquarters. Straight out of the art deco 30s.

There's nothing wrong with you taking pictures in a men's room. I just wondered what Betty was doing in the men's room.

Wendy

seilerbird said:
And exactly what is wrong with taking photos in the men's restroom?

Tom,

If you took photos in men's room, not too much thought about it, unless people were in photo, BUT if I took photos in the  men's room it  would be a whole 'nuther discussion.  Terry reported to me that the Shoji Tabuchi Theatre has ice in the bottoms of the urinals.

You could identify  the women who had been to the women's room as they  smelled so good.  There is a cart of very high end parfumes, lotions etc in ladies room for your use.  I declined  finding that mosquitos like  me better with lotion.

The bathrooms in no way upstaged this wonderful show, but they are unique!

Well, there we have it. No thread drift, here. The best shows in Branson are in the men's restrooms!  ::) ;D ;)

Tonight we saw the new show in town,  Don't Stop Believin with songs from Glee.  High energy, good songs good dancing.  We just loved it.  Then it rained like crazy all evening  when we got home.  Still hot. 
This is the life!

Betty

and humid?  Glad you are having a good time.  No offense, but I try to avoid the South in July..... :p :p

My large extended family has a family reunion every year the last weekend in July, and lordie it's a hot and humid time.

Marsha~

The best thing about the humidity here is the realizaton that I do have some natural curl in my hair AND  that our 50 amp service here at Turkey Creek Escapee RV Park  is good and  that both of our Air conditioners work well.  We have been very comfortable inside rig.  We are not sitting outside for anything.  There appear to be few mosquitoes . 
Marsha  reminder that it is Terry's turn to plan so we are headed to Kentucky for  a RV RAlly.  Branson is just a  bonus on the way.
Bernie, like Marlene I am starting to really like this place!
Betty

This afternoon it rained like crazy but we gussied up ( OK clean shirt and shorts)  to board the Branson Bell for their  afternoon dinner cruise and show.  We sprung for the upgraded seating and  were given priority boarding to go the the Captains Paddlewheel room.  We had our own private table with a view of the  paddlewheel and  all of  Table Rock Lake .  Our menu options were special too.  I had mahi  mahi and Terry had a 16 oz rib eye steak.  We also got dessert and coffee and very personalized service.  After dining we toured the Belle and were then seated front and center stage for  magnificent  views of  the smashing Show Stopping Show.  In one  10 minute number 4 performers did 29 favorite tunes from Broadway shows.  The acoustics were  wonderful and the talent was superb  I got chills during the Phantom of Opera number.  Then we switched gears and a  man with  2 dogs did a ventriloquist act that still has me laughing.  He was hilarious.  All in all we found this  trip to be a great value .  We are home early enough to watch Titanic on TV.
Betty

Glad you enjoyed the Branson Belle. The dog ventriolquist guy was there when we did the dinner show 3 years ago...must be a good gig !

As for the humidity, doesn't your skin feel nice and soft and supple? My skin is happy, happy any time we go somewhere humid. Only good thing I've ever found about it.

How many more shows on the Brewer schedule?

Wendy

Betty:

What does Terry have planned for you on the way back from Louisville to Redmond?

Back
Top Bottom