Warning signs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowell

I don't want to start a polical debate here.  But we in Arizona now have warning signs put up by the  US Government that say: Danger-Public travel not recommended. Active drug and human smuggling area. Visitors may encounter armed crimminals and smuggling vehicles traveling at high rates of speeds.

I don't know what the answer to the drug and human smuggling probem is but I am very certain that this problem is getting worse, not better. These signs are not just near the border, in some cases the signs are 80 miles north of the border.

Isn't that one of the responsibilities of our National Military - to keep we citizens safe from foreign enemies?

Were I in charge, it wouldn't take long for me to direct our Military into the border below this 'warning' area to suppress any foreign intruders!

I'm sorry, I'm beginning to see all these 'illegal immigrants' as intruders into our sovereign territory, pure and simple - and during these times of 10% plus unemployment in the USA, we sure don't need them flooding our job markets...IMHO

You should live in Texas, Houston is a santuary city.  And until this downturn Conroe had to be a waystation for illegals.  They were coming in there by the score and have taken over much of the city up there.  Either some have left with the downturn or moved in with others but you see and hear less spanish.  And dispite what some people think you can definitely tell the new ones by their gait, attire, and appearance until they start getting Americanized to some extent.

Here you could not get a job in any restaurant, cleaning, or lawn service.  It was so bad in some places you couldn't even make yourself understood, that has changed in the last year. Construction is gone, my husband is a supervisor and last job he had here there was one white guy on his crew and no blacks.  The white guy could not make a living anylonger on what he was paid, that is what its all about you know is cheap labor.  My husband told him only way he could survive was become a supervisor or get another line of work, yes, its that bad here.  Hubby now works overseas, and yes, legally, and those folks ALL want and do learn english, amazing. I hate to sound racist and I'm not, I have no problem with anyone coming legally, we need legal immigrants.  But the ones we are getting from down south in many cases do not want to become acclimated but live in their own communities and keep spanish as the dominant language.  In industries down here citizens would get penalized if we weren't diverse yet not so for those folks. It has been let go with laws not being enforced until its a huge problem.

Gee Lowell I'd have thought the new fences, new documentation law and new law to carry a weapon without a permit would have fixed all that.  By the way, who says it is only foreigners doing all those things covered by the warning sign.

Lowell said:
I don't want to start a polical debate here.  But we in Arizona now have warning signs put up by the  US Government that say: Danger-Public travel not recommended. Active drug and human smuggling area. Visitors may encounter armed crimminals and smuggling vehicles traveling at high rates of speeds.

I don't know what the answer to the drug and human smuggling probem is but I am very certain that this problem is getting worse, not better. These signs are not just near the border, in some cases the signs are 80 miles north of the border.

Lowell

FYI, those signs were requested by the local rangers.

As long as drugs are illegal in this country the problem is only going to get worse. Legalize drugs and the drug smuggling problem goes away real quickly.

Now I did not say that I am in favor of legalizing drugs, I said the problem will go away if you do. So which one is the lesser of two evils?

seilerbird said:
As long as drugs are illegal in this country the problem is only going to get worse. Legalize drugs and the drug smuggling problem goes away real quickly.

Now I did not say that I am in favor of legalizing drugs, I said the problem will go away if you do. So which one is the lesser of two evils?

Isn't it a easy argument to make that prohibition of anything never worked?  Making drinking alcohol a crime .. did several things.  It made hundred of thousands of new criminals and it made folks like Al Capone rich.  I am with Tom on this one.   

Hang on and watch Montana as we struggle with the semi-legalized marijuana, i.e., medcal M.  It is not solving the problem but creating bigger ones.

Jim Godward said:
Hang on and watch Montana as we struggle with the semi-legalized marijuana, i.e., medcal M.  It is not solving the problem but creating bigger ones.

California and 13 other states have legalized medical marijuana. California did it first in 1996. Not only are they not having problems they have full legalization of marijuana on the November ballot and the last poll I saw it was getting 60% positive in the polls.

The amount of money that it costs to enforce the drug laws and incarcerate the "criminals" is staggering. And you are paying for it with your tax dollars. Plus it removes many cops from doing their real job since they are spending wasting so much time chasing pot smokers. $20 billion a year is wasted fighting the "war on drugs" that can never be won.

Jim Godward said:
Hang on and watch Montana as we struggle with the semi-legalized marijuana, i.e., medical M.  It is not solving the problem but creating bigger ones.

What are the bigger problems that are being created?  It has always seemed to me that the results of law enforcement on a marijuana user has always caused more damage than the use of the plant.  If you want to think about who benefits from keeping this weed illegal, consider the profit loss to "legal" drug companies, the cotton industry who would suffer from hemp products and even the paper production industry who wants paper made out of trees not weeds. 

Jim, a case in point about medical marijuana-- remember where I was parked on the island? That huge garage is now a growing shed. I know about this first hand is my X-son-in-laws brother and friend have been doing this. And yes- they grow it for their own use, too. How are you going to police something that ? Its not right, for sure.

Smugglers bringing in illegal marijuana fund a lot of the Mexican cartel activities that leads to all the issues we keep discussing.

pedataa136 said:
Gee.You left out lawyers and and prison guards. ;)

and the DEA with all their cool toys .... A HUGE industry has been created to "control" a problem that is only a problem because in 1937 the weed in question was lumped in with Heroin of all things.

I know this thread is not about making certain drugs legal or not .. but here is a good read on the history of how we went from a law in 1619 in the new Jamestown colony REQUIRING that all settlers grow cannabis, to laws put in place by folks who suffered financially from people who might not buy their paper, wool, or cotton products.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_history_of_cannabis_in_the_United_States

I submit that prohibition is causing more pain, suffering and waste of our precious tax dollars than it is helping.  It's time to take a look at how we are using our national resources to include protecting our borders and people that are innocently traveling near the borders of South West America.

The El Paso City Hall got shot up this afternoon with bullets from Juarez.

Another good reason to take the bypass around El Paso downtown.

Those bullets were a result of the drug wars in Mexico. Our stupid laws are making a lot of rich Mexicans and a lot of dead people. It's not the drugs that are killing people, it is the stupid laws.

seilerbird said:
Those bullets were a result of the drug wars in Mexico. Our stupid laws are making a lot of rich Mexicans and a lot of dead people. It's not the drugs that are killing people, it is the stupid laws. 

I beg to differ.  It the stupid Americans who have to have their "fix" that is killing people.  Do away with the "need" of drugs, and there won't be a market.  That will never happen, because too many people in this country need to be doped out of their minds.......

Daisy

Daisy said:
I beg to differ.  It the stupid Americans who have to have their "fix" that is killing people.  Do away with the "need" of drugs, and there won't be a market.  That will never happen, because too many people here need to be doped out of their mind.......

Daisy

My parents are dead alcoholics. Alcohol kill many many times more people than drugs ever thought of killing, even with all the drug wars. People have been getting drunk and stoned since the first caveman discovered it. There simply is no way to stop it. Government passing laws to control public morality never works. That's why those people are being killed.

That's all we need is the US government telling us what we can drink and what we can't drink. What we can smoke and what we can't smoke. What we can watch and what we can't watch. What we can do and what we can't do. The government has no business trying to control our morals. That was tried in **** Germany and failed miserably.

"In a free society, government has the responsibility of protecting us from others, but not from ourselves." -- Walter E. Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom