Early QZ report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why "waste" it talking.  <GROAN>  LOL!

Bernie I am sure I will enjoy the lines once I get settled.  It is that first line that worries me.  You know how it is when you first arrive after a long trip.  All you want to do is get to your spot, unhook, get the chairs out, the drinks on ice  AND THEN start enjoying the leisure of a nice long line.  ;D

Which brings up another question.  Where do you guys unhook your toads?  Before coming into town?  After you get to the drycamp site?

In 9 years we have never gone to the dump and water station at QZ.  With good conservation techniques we can and have gone 11 days without moving.  We typically stay for at least a week.

Smoky

You can unhook the toad when you get to the rally site. After you check in at the ranger station and you pull into the rally site, there'll probably be a welcoming committee of sorts. You'll need to reverse into wherever you'll be camped, so you'll need to unhook then.

Wonder how early people will be getting there Tom?  We plan to arrive several days before the scheduled start time.  Does anyone else arrive early?

Smoky,

The line you seem most concerned about is the one at the Ranger Station to get your permit when you first get there. THIS IS A NONE ISSUE!! Because there is NO line. The most I've ever seen at the Ranger Station waiting to get their permit is TWO. Just enough to have a nice visit with other RVers.  ;D  ;D

Unhooking toads......Most of us do it at the Ranger Station. You don't have to but the road into the Forum site is usually very dusty so if the toad is left hooked up it is very dirty when you get to the site. When you arrive at the Ranger Station, pull just past the building and on the right is a large area to park. Go in and get your permit. They will put a sticker on your MH and Toad with your departing date. They want to put it on the windshields which is good because it will peel off very easily when you leave. On the MH I have them put it on the back of the rear view mirror because I have window covers which will cover up the sticker. Your choice where it is put.

Smoky said:
Why "waste" it talking.  <GROAN>  LOL!

Bernie I am sure I will enjoy the lines once I get settled.  It is that first line that worries me.  You know how it is when you first arrive after a long trip.  All you want to do is get to your spot, unhook, get the chairs out, the drinks on ice  AND THEN start enjoying the leisure of a nice long line.  ;D

Which brings up another question.  Where do you guys unhook your toads?  Before coming into town?  After you get to the drycamp site?

Some folks do Smoky, but probably only a few. Let's see what response you get to the question.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
On the MH I have them put it on the back of the rear view mirror because I have window covers which will cover up the sticker.

Now that's way too clever for me Don. Last year I was concerned that my screens did hide the sticker.

Snowbird:

Actually the line I was most concerned about was the line going into town as I transited from the east from Phoenix.  I say ?was? because now I realize that is just an instant in time.    I was upset this week because I went all the way to QZ on Saturday, only to find that I could not get my pass ahead of time before the main rush would jam up the center of town.  Also the smell of bratwurst emanating up from Yuma.  :D

No biggie.  I am sure the speed in town will be slow enough that I can sip a martini safely while waiting to make the turn south to the station!  Especially if I can get the Admiral behind the wheel.  ;D

Marlene just continues to sit in the house and comes along for the ride.

I thought the alternative--at least as I understood the thread--was for Marlene to go shopping with the other ladies while you (and the other men) attended to the tanks.

As for the colour: chosen to be reasonably faint so that any offence did not leap out at the reader.

Ciao,

Doug

Smoky said:
Snowbird:

Actually the line I was most concerned about was the line going into town as I transited from the east from Phoenix.  I say ?was? because now I realize that is just an instant in time.    I was upset this week because I went all the way to QZ on Saturday, only to find that I could not get my pass ahead of time before the main rush would jam up the center of town.  Also the smell of bratwurst emanating up from Yuma.  :D

No biggie.  I am sure the speed in town will be slow enough that I can sip a martini safely while waiting to make the turn south to the station!  Especially if I can get the Admiral behind the wheel.  ;D

Smoky,

Just follow Ron's directions. Get off at the first QZ exit and take a LEFT at the top of the ramp and you shouldn't get into too much traffic. Getting off the interstate and heading south on 95 going this way has never been a big problem. It's coming INTO town going north on 95 that gets to be a wait sometimes.

We will arrive QZ 1/17 or 18. Plan to stay until 2/1 or so. Good thing about no job this winter is no hard and fast schedule. Just drifting around and having fun with friends. Tuscon this week. Yuma is next.

Helaine

Helaine & Wally said:
We will arrive QZ 1/17 or 18. Plan to stay until 2/1 or so. Good thing about no job this winter is no hard and fast schedule. Just drifting around and having fun with friends. Tuscon this week. Yuma is next.

Helaine

Hope we can get together when you get to Yuma.  Have a safe trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom