now a recall for seat bolt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayknee

We got a recall notice from Winnebago about a missing seat bolt in our View for driver and/or passenger seats. This means a 3 hour drive to the dealership and at least 1 hour wait and a three hour drive home since our local Dodge dealer can't fix it.  :(

It's over 100 degrees here now, plus the fuel, DH time off work, me traveling with a broken wrist, board the neurotic dog at the kennel 20 miles away etc. just because some dummy forgot to put a bolt in and Quality Control missed it. :mad:

It is so tempting not to mess with it unless Winnebago would be willing to make it worthwhile and reimburse us at least for fuel.

Besides; we could be in a wreck and go out the windshield on the way to the dealer. 

Is there a time limit to when it can be done or could you just do it the next time you're out on a trip and near a dealer who can do the recall work?

Wendy

I'm sure you will have more items that you will need the dealer to address sooner or later.  Just wait and have it all done at once.

I just spoke with a very nice man in the service department at Winnebago. He said we have up to a year to get this done so we will just wait until we will be close to a dealer and then call and schedule it to be done since it HAS to be done at an authorized dealer. Our Chrysler/Dodge dealer is only 3 miles away and DH works there mornings so would have been nice if they could do it.

As I said in another post we named our mini home Wanda (as there was the big "W" on the side) it's because we like to wanda around and we wanda what will go wrong next!!  ::)

Oh yeah; when I called them about the recall he said "which one" ??  C'mon guys we bought from Winnebago because of the uhmmmm Quality! :mad:

We had zero recalls or service advisories on the house but a couple for the Freightliner chassis.  Not a big deal - we had two or three on our Jeep.

Recalls are an inherent part of the manufacturing business, especially in assembly line production. Ever hear about a small Japanese auto company named Toyota???.

Put the bolt in yourself, might as well get used to working on it. New or used, we all become DIY'ers to some degree.
J

Did anyone think to look and see if there is really a missing bolt before getting shook up about it. Maybe not missing at all on your particular machine!!!

34footer said:
Put the bolt in yourself, might as well get used to working on it. New or used, we all become DIY'ers to some degree.

Apparently it's a little more involved than just popping in a bolt in an easy to get-to place.

John Canfield said:
Apparently it's a little more involved than just popping in a bolt in an easy to get-to place.
I bet it's easier than adding roof a/c.
J

And I doubt they will have to buy a scissor lift to install the bolt.

John Canfield said:
I'm going to focus on projects that require adding new tools to the shop  :D

Tools or toys, John?

John Canfield said:
I'm going to focus on projects that require adding new tools to the shop  :D
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT.... ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501