The Rally at Louisville, Kentucky from July 22-25 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A driver like that should be reported to the highway patrol,  he's dangerous.  Call 911, he's endangering lives.

Sounds like that guy only uses the backup monitor to back up! If he had it on he'd know exactly where those cars were located. You're 100% correct. It doesn't help our reputation.

I had a great time there, but the weather I wasn't so happy with. I'm not used to all that humidity. The heat was fine, but the humidity... no way!

glfredrick said:
I'm seeing a lot of RVs on the road this morning.  Everyone homeward or otherwise bound, I suppose.  Hope you all had a great time in Louisville, except the heat of course.  That has been brutal this year.  We're now officially 42 days over 90 this summer.  We just expect to go outside, hit the "wall" and get wet and hot immediately, yet the work goes on. 

Be safe on the road!  This morning I saw a class A pulling a toad.  He (or she) had no clue about the length of his rig.  I watched that driver repeatedly cut off people as he merged back into the right lane.  Twice cars actually hit the shoulder trying to get out of his way.  That doesn't give us a good reputation...  :-\

Another question is what the heck he's doing even passing so many people?  I covered 200 miles today and can count on one hand the number of people I passed. 

Orick said:
Another question is what the heck he's doing even passing so many people?  I covered 200 miles today and can count on one hand the number of people I passed.

Rick,

The same for us.  We got 2  new front  tires this morning , had them balanced and then drove 395 miles to Columbia MO.  We passed ONE car.  As we approached it  Terry called out, "hey I am going to get to pass someone!"  This car was going about 45 of the Freeway.

Anyway isn't it amazing how so any RV's scatter in so many directions following a rally?  We are crossing the US again  heading West to Oregon and will decide in morning  if we go  on Highway  70 or take Highway 80. 
As we had no rain for almost 3 full days, mother nature decided to treat us to rain this afternoon through most of MO.  At least it has cooled down to 73.

What a rally!

Betty

Colorado weather forecast is for thunderstorms thru Saturday if that makes any difference in your travel plans.

Wendy

It was early morning, and Louisville traffic is typically all jacked up, with some people running 45 and others 70.  I can understand switching to the left lane and pulling around people who are slowing to exit or to get out of the way of merging traffic where two interstates come together (as they do often in Louisville), but no excuse for not doing the job right.  Worst was when he stuffed his toad right into the radiator of a semi.  I think there was less than 10 feet to spare -- way too close for freeway speeds.

Godspeed to the RV Rally members as you travel all over the land!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom