Distinguishing features

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When's the last time there were shoes and/or socks on those feet? I seem to recall TB saying that that was the wonderful thing about being retired....no shoes and socks. But poor BB, those are nasty looking !!!!

Tom said:
Anyone recognize this individual showing off their custom jewelry? His/her spouse is not eligible to respond.

Lemme guess Tom -- this has been a really slow couple of days, right?? ?Pushed for excitement, right?
Not getting out as much, eh??

Toe rings fer gossakes.? ?::) ::)

Carl Lundquist said:
this has been a really slow couple of days, right?

LOL Carl, I was rummaging around my photo archives and came across that photo. Well, yes, maybe I was bored too  ;D

Had my excitement today though - Chris dragged me out to put up the Christmas lights. She's had the whole interior of the house decorated for several days (later than normal) and wasn't going to let me get away with being the last on the block to put up outside lights.

Tom said:
Had my excitement today though - Chris dragged me out to put up the Christmas lights. She's had the whole interior of the house decorated for several days (later than normal) and wasn't going to let me get away with being the last on the block to put up outside lights.

Tom,

Just be glad Chris didn't see this site before she had you put up the lights.

http://sugarsteps.com/cookiejar/videos/House_Lights.wmv

This is a home outside Cincinnati Ohio. They were on the Today show this morning.

Tom said:

Well if you were down here in the Southland you could see the Marina Del Rey boat parade on Friday night (a prelim) and Saturday night (the main event).  Best seats not on the water are at Burton Chase Park (aka the guest slips).  They have tubs in the parade that rate their light draw in megawatts.  Just amazing.  However, this may be a bum year -- you guys are sending us a storm and cut off low that is scheduled to hit on Fri. Sat..

Boat parades cam be fun to watch or participate in and there are a number of them around the Delta this time of year.

We have our annual boat parade around our community this coming Saturday. Fortunately, Chris doesn't have us decorating the boat. We'll be watching the parade from our deck along with some invited friends.

For some reason that page wouldn't open for me Don, but I understand what you're saying.

Try this link http://sugarsteps.com/cookiejar/videos/House_Lights.wmv

Thanks Ned. That worked.

The way the lights are sync'd to the music,, I assume the music is playing outside the house. I'm glad I'm not their neighbor  ;D

There used to be on street at our old community that had some of the best home lighting displays I've seen. There used to be continuous stream of cars driving through there throughout the Christmas season, just gawking at the lights.

We had a neighborhood like that in Milwaukee too.  Everyone tried to outdo their neighbors with decorations and the auto traffic was incredible.  But nothing like that house :)

Depending on location, this stuff can be an accident waiting to happen, with all the rubber-neckers.

I liked the huge display our friends took us to in Athens, TX. You drove through it, but the whole thing was on a farm and not visible from the highway. You paid a small entry fee and everyone just crawled around the place in only one direction. But it's a bit far from here to Athens to go see it every year.

Tom said:
Thanks Ned. That worked.

The way the lights are sync'd to the music,, I assume the music is playing outside the house. I'm glad I'm not their neighbor  ;D

There used to be on street at our old community that had some of the best home lighting displays I've seen. There used to be continuous stream of cars driving through there throughout the Christmas season, just gawking at the lights.

The music is being broadcast on a low power FM transmitter so there is no music in the neighborhood. The lights are only turned on between 18:00 and 22:00.

He starts putting up lights on the house the first of Oct. Nothing goes on the lawn until after Thanksgiving. The NBC Today show had the family on Monday morning. He has talked to all of his neighbors and said that if the traffic gets to be too much that he'll stop. He said the neighbors mean more to him than the Christmas decorations.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
The music is being broadcast on a low power FM transmitter so there is no music in the neighborhood.

Thanks Don. That's a neat trick. Somehow it didn't occur to me he might transmitting the music via FM and folks can just tune in their car radio.

Psst anyone know if it's legal to do that?

Tom said:
Psst anyone know if it's legal to do that?

I said low power transmitter. I should have said VERY low power transmitter. Yes it's legal. I don't remember what the wattage is before you need a station license. I'm sure one of the Hams will let us know what the max power is. You're doing the same thing when you use something to transmit something to your FM radio in your dash.

Thanks, Don, I didn't know the music was transmitted over radio.

If I was his neighbor, I would get tired of those flashing lights real quick :)

OK thanks Don. I assume he's transmitting at a higher power than the RF transmitters used to transmit from, for example, an MP3 player to the dash radio. The two brands I've tried have a very short range and wouldn't reach from his yard to a car.

You're right, the hams would probably know the answer.

Liz,

That's what happens when you have too much time on your hands :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom