EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: RVing Mexico and Central America Road Conditions  (Read 2613 times)

markenglish

• ---
RVing Mexico and Central America Road Conditions
« on: December 05, 2005, 11:42:52 AM »
Panama Canal by RV is almost impossible with a typical RV.  My friend is in Central America and I just traveled to the canal in a 4x4.  After the hurricanes, most central american highways are a disaster and many bridges are out.  In Mexico there are some rough and poor roads, especially on the east coast however they are passable. 
BIG CLASS A MOTORHOME & TRAILERS should avoid altogether central america.  It will take six months to do the repairs..and even now they are limiting traffic to effect passage of local traffic.  Hope this helps anyone planning to travel there.

Carl L

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: RVing Mexico and Central America Road Conditions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 05:27:11 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Mark.   That type of report is always appreciated.   
Carl L/LA   [Forum Staff]  KI6SEZ

Prowler 23LV TT pulled by a '95 Ford Bronco

Bob Zambenini

• ---
    • Bob and Joyce's Homepage
Re: RVing Mexico and Central America Road Conditions
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 06:23:26 PM »
Panama Canal by RV is almost impossible with a typical RV.  My friend is in Central America and I just traveled to the canal in a 4x4.  After the hurricanes, most central american highways are a disaster and many bridges are out.  In Mexico there are some rough and poor roads, especially on the east coast however they are passable. 
BIG CLASS A MOTORHOME & TRAILERS should avoid altogether central america.  It will take six months to do the repairs..and even now they are limiting traffic to effect passage of local traffic.  Hope this helps anyone planning to travel there.

Here is an interesting read but before the hurricances.

http://www.whirledvision.com/about_us.html

Given this was before the hurricanes. They were on our Newmar group and gathered a lot of advice on what spare parts to take and mechanical preps.

They are back at it but not as far south yet!

Bob

Hosted by Over The Network