RVing Mexico and Central America Road Conditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markenglish

Panama Canal by RV is almost impossible with a typical RV.  My friend is in Central America and I just traveled to the canal in a 4x4.  After the hurricanes, most central american highways are a disaster and many bridges are out.  In Mexico there are some rough and poor roads, especially on the east coast however they are passable. 
BIG CLASS A MOTORHOME & TRAILERS should avoid altogether central america.  It will take six months to do the repairs..and even now they are limiting traffic to effect passage of local traffic.  Hope this helps anyone planning to travel there.

markenglish said:
Panama Canal by RV is almost impossible with a typical RV.  My friend is in Central America and I just traveled to the canal in a 4x4.  After the hurricanes, most central american highways are a disaster and many bridges are out.  In Mexico there are some rough and poor roads, especially on the east coast however they are passable. 
BIG CLASS A MOTORHOME & TRAILERS should avoid altogether central america.  It will take six months to do the repairs..and even now they are limiting traffic to effect passage of local traffic.  Hope this helps anyone planning to travel there.

Here is an interesting read but before the hurricances.

http://www.whirledvision.com/about_us.html

Given this was before the hurricanes. They were on our Newmar group and gathered a lot of advice on what spare parts to take and mechanical preps.

They are back at it but not as far south yet!

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom