I have a Magnatec Inverter 6300 series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenjoo

Hi, my name is zenjoo and I have a Magnatec 6300 series inverter in my 1988 King of the Road and the fan seems froze up.  Any suggestions?

I would replace it with a better converter. There are some that will do a much better job of keeping your house battery charged.
When my 7300 series dies I will start doing doing some research on a better one to replace it.

Hi Clay,

Thanks for response.  I did do some checking on line and found a place called Best Converters.
Very impressed with service, I emailed on the 4th with my question on replacement and the guy emailed me back on his phone the same day.  Very good reviews.  You might check it out as it sez the replacement is for 6300 and 7300's for about $219 which seems reasonable and comes with instructions on line and takes 1/2 hour to install.  Happy Hunting

The 7300 is a drop in replacement for the 6300 and is your most cost effective solution. Best Converter has them.  The next step up is a good three stage converter/charger, but that's probably overkill for an older rig. The 7300 ought to do fine.

By the way, we have fond memories of our 1990 KOTR. Took it all the way across the USA and back and had a splendid time.

Best Converter uses the WFCO 3 stage converter/charger in their kit.  They also sell the Magnetek 7300RU, which is the manufacturer's conversion kit.  Since both kits are about the same price, and are identical as far as installation goes, I'd go with the 3 stage converter.

Re the 7300, which as someone said is a drop in.. The 7300T (physically identical, different electronically) is a 2-stage converter.. IT don't do bulk, but it does absorption and float,, This simply means it is slow.  NOTE that the 6300 is also slow.

The addition of the letter T to the 7300 is important.

Of course you can upgrade to a quality 3-stage such as a Xantrex Or a Progresiive Dynamics 9200.. There are a couple of ways to do that and Randy over at best Converters http://www.bestconverters.com if I have typed it right (if not try it w/o the "S" in convertes) has all the hardware you need to adapt

or you can just cut the 120 volt wire to the converter part and parallel in a PDI 9200.. That works too.

The WFCO converters have good specs, but they are not known for their longevity. Fleetwood started using them in new production around 2003 and many of those have already failed once.

Back
Top Bottom