What a waste of air time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
One of my pet peeves and no apologies for getting on my soap box.....

I'll be watching CNN and they'll say something like "here's what the blogs say". There are two gals reading blogs from large (or small) monitors. Why would any TV station put something like that on the air? If I want to know what someone wrote in a blog I'd go read it. If I don't know about the blog, by all means give me the URL, but don't have someone reading it on the air. My finger immediately goes to the remote to change channel.

.....off my soap box.

Tom said:

I'll be watching CNN and they'll say something like "here's what the blogs say". There are two gals reading blogs from large (or small) monitors. Why would any TV station put something like that on the air? If I want to know what someone wrote in a blog I'd go read it. If I don't know about the blog, by all means give me the URL, but don't have someone reading it on the air. My finger immediately goes to the remote to change channel.

.....off my soap box.

Because they're on 24/7 and have to say something, no matter how inane. How about if you tuned in and they were staring at the camera with they're mouths shut while waiting for "breaking news".  ;D

LOL Bruce, I think I'd prefer the open mouth scenario to stupidly reading the blogs on the air. Of course, CNN and many other news channels have maybe 10 minutes of news that they play over and over.

If it was on the internet it must be true  ;)  Now you know why we rarely watch any news on TV.  I get my facts from the internet  ::)

LOL Ned. A pretty sad state of affairs given how CNN was founded. It used to be a channel I'd watch almost anywhere in the world as a source of what's going on. But it's gone downhill over a number of years.

LOL Karl, I don't watch Geraldo, period.

I agree, Tom.  My pet peeve is the cult of personality of the various newsreaders.  Who cares who they are.  They're supposed to give us the news, not be the news.  And I don't care about their opinions, either.

Tom said:

.....off my soap box.

thebrits said:
I agree, Tom.  My pet peeve is the cult of personality of the various newsreaders.  Who cares who they are.  They're supposed to give us the news, not be the news.  And I don't care about their opinions, either.
The worst thing that's happened lately is the new set on the Weather Channel on weekends. They've turned it into a talk show kind of thing with couches and witty(?) banter among the forecasters. HELLO...it's the Weather Channel!!! I turn it on to get the Weather, not a cutesy talk show.

And if I see one more idiot in an anorak out in a hurricane, I'll scream!

BruceinFL said:
The worst thing that's happened lately is the new set on the Weather Channel on weekends. They've turned it into a talk show kind of thing with couches and witty(?) banter among the forecasters. HELLO...it's the Weather Channel!!! I turn it on to get the Weather, not a cutesy talk show.

thebrits said:
And if I see one more idiot in an anorak out in a hurricane, I'll scream!

LOL Peggy, that's funny. I don't know what they think they're trying to prove - looks like they're all out to win a prize for the dumbest person in front of a camera in severe weather.

I have not been a weather channel fan for some time.  Guess they are OK IF you want to get weather information for east of the Mississippi.

Seems like they spend 75% of the time raving over the weather in the east.  This might be because the forcasters are not familiar with the western states. ;D

Once upon a time we called them NEWS READERS. Now they're TV PERSONALITIES.

I wish they would just go back to being READERS.

Back
Top Bottom