Windshield Replacement Winnebago Vectra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yolo

Driving from Cheyenne, WY to Custer, SD we had a truck pass and throw a rock that hit the driver side windshield.  It made about a 3 inch diameter spider web with a couple of 6 inch cracks.  This happened Friday afternoon so I couldn't reach anyone to try to replace.  I did reach my insurance co. who said that I had $500 deductable glass insurance (may change that in the future).  I am going to attend the WIT GNR in Forest City, so tomorrow I will contact Winnebago to see if they replace and also Lightsinn Motors in Forest City to see what they can do.

I know that tomorrow I may have the answer, but does anyone have any suggestions?

We arrived at the Winnebago factory in Forest City, IA and will have Winnebago replace the windshield.  The service manager Kevin Thompson went out of his way to make sure that our insurance company would pay the bill and we won't have any out of pocket.
Tomorrow is the big day fir the windshield, slide out rollers, and HWH jacks.

Not to change the subject, but you mentioned the slide out rollers as something Winne will be working on. What is the issue with the rollers? I have a 04 Horizon 40AD.

Thanks,

Pete

I broke my passenger side windshield yesterday, a limb went through it.  I'm getting it replaced up there and they said around $1600 for glass and installation.  Guess I will check with our insurance and see what State Farm will pay. they will get the glass in 2 to 3 days but he didn't know if they could install, he said its rally there right now and had over 650 rv's there.  So one step at a time.

JPete said:
What is the issue with the rollers? I have a 04 Horizon 40AD.

Thanks,

Pete
The rollers seem egg shaped when retracting them.  Hopefully they will be okay.  Just wanted them checked.  I'm writing this from the Winny waiting room.

If you are talking to me, nope.  I'm halfway between Ardmore and Oklahoma City going north.  It is so dang hot out I pulled over for about half an hour.  Everything is doing fine and I want to keep it running that way.

Also we ate and I can' stay awake, so a few winks should help.

No John, wasn't us.  Our windshield was the drivers side.  Had about a 3 inch impact with four 6-8 inch cracks coming from there.  It is now fixed and we are back in the rally grounds, but... have to move back to customer service at 6:00 am tomorrow to finish other jobs.

kevin said:
If you have a $500 deductable, how will winnie get your insurance to pay for all of it, and you nothing? ???
Thanks to Judway, the deductable is $0.00 since we are from Florida.  We checked back with Geico and they agreed.  So insurance picks up about $1400 for the windhield and we will have to pay about $1800 or so for other jobs.  We then will try to get the extended warantee company to reimburse some of that.

Presently on the customer service waiting room for our last and hopefully day.  The technicians are working a 3 1/2 day on Saturday.

judway is long-time forum member Wayne who posted earlier in this topic. He lives in FL.

I guess I'm just not getting it ??? He said that he had a 500. deduct. But winnie got it so he had to pay nothing. Then he said thanks to judway now he has no deduct? because he lives in florida? :-\

1. My insurance normally has a $500 deductible on comprehensive.
2. My residence state is Florida.
3. Florida has a statute that allows no deductible to be collected on glass damage.
6. judway a rvforum user pointed out the Florida statute. (Winnebago Customer Service also was aware of this).

Bottom line if you don't reside in Florida this probably doesn't pertain to you.  A google search shows: Zero Deductible States - FL, KY, MA, SC or Arizona

"Bottom line if you don't reside in Florida this probably doesn't  pertain to you.  A google search shows: Zero Deductible States - FL,  KY, MA, SC or Arizona"

You can also put a rider on almost any policy to provide a $0 deductible for glass coverage. Not sure what it costs, it is built into the policies in "Zero Deductible States".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom