Virtual Campfire Wednesday evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
As Bob Maxwell would say, come one come all to the RV Forum Virtual Campfire for live chat.

We're testing new chat software which should be much faster than the chat software in the old forum.

When: Wednesday evening (3/16) at 6.00pm Pacific time, 9.00pm Eastern time.

Where: Click on the Chat button in the toolbar above.

If you're already logged into this forum, the software should automatically log you into the chat. If not, you'll be presented with an opportunity to log in. Please use your regular RV Forum ID and password.

Since this is the first time we'll have used this software 'live', I don't know for sure whether speed will be a function of the number of people in the chat. We'll just have to try it and find out.

See you there!

Edit: Chat button now works.

LOL Ned, I don't know which day it is. I must be retired.

The extra day might give me a chance to complete the integration. It's a middle-of-the-night job.

Tom

Last nite's Virtual Campfire was excellent. Far superior to the two previous iterations, except for no Camp Cam shot of Bob :'( :'(.

The messaging was fast and furious, it even got hard to keep up and keep the various discussions separate at times, but it worked fine.

Just tweak those expiring attendees and we'll be in good shape. :)

Bernie,

I agree.  I thought last nights VC was great ans much more enjoyable than in the past, even though we missed Bob's view cam photo.

Thanks Bernie. Your comments are much appreciated. I have a list of fixes to work on for the live chat feature, and I'll report on them as I knock 'em down. I did resolve one mystery i.e. why folks were able to get into the chat without logging into either the forum or the chat. If they'd been in the forum any time and hadn't logged out by clicking the Logout button in the toolbar above, they were still logged into the forum. So, when they visited the VC last night, the chat software merely recognized them as being already logged in.

This single login is one of the things I've been striving for between the forum and the various functions integrated into the web site. But we're not there yet. The Chat was a step forward.

BTW in return for the nice comments, we'll revoke your 2-day sentence  ;D

Tom

Since I haven't logged out from the forum from the early days, I assumed that I got right onto the VC since RV Forum.net recognized me. It was nice and easy, I hope you aren't planning any changes.

Sorry, I never accepted any 2 day sentence. As a matter of fact, I think I am one of the few still monitoring that site. 8) 8)

No changes planned Bernie, other than fixing the issues we saw lat evening. For clarification, the new chat feature has a login requirement, but it's set up to automatically recognize you if you're already logged into the forum. If someone isn't logged into the forum, they have to log into chat. If you have the time and inclination, go ahead and click the Logout button above, then visit the VC and you'll see the login screen.

I was just kidding about the sentence, as I was last night, and I see you over in the other place daily along with a number of others.

Why would anyone log out of the forum unless they were using a computer other than their own?  Is there any advantage to logging out?  It would just seem to create an extra step when returning.

Tom said:
I was just kidding about the sentence, as I was last night, and I see you over in the other place daily along with a number of others.

You were just kidding??? Oh no :D :D :D

Ned said:
Why would anyone log out of the forum unless they were using a computer other than their own?
I was merely using that to illustrate what would happen if someone went directly to the chat without coming here first.  Someone who hasn't been home all day for example, arrives home just in time for the VC and goes straight there without coming to the forum first.

Back
Top Bottom