1991 fleetwood bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcman

I just bought a 1991 bounder and I,m having trouble with the batteries . the chassis bats will not charge when plugged into shore power. where would i find the converter :mad:

You can usually hear it humming on a quite evening.

If the house batteries charge but the chassis batteries do not, the problem is likely a charge relay not closing. This may be intentional or a failure of some kind. The chassis battery is normally isolated form the house system until the house  batteries are fully charged. Then a relay cuts in to allow charging the chassis too.  If the house batteries are weak, the charge controller may never close the chassis relay.  Or the relay itself may be stuck or just plain worn out. 

Lou (aka Porky) is an expert on the Bounder battery charge control, so maybe he can provide more details.

I have a 90 Fleetwood Southwind and the converter and power panel are under the refridgerator. There is also a battery disconnect switch over our screen/main door that we push to off when we are plugged in a long time and do not want to use the batteries, or push it to on to charge and use the batteries.  It took us a while to figure that one out.  Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom