Does anyone use a 'toyhauler' for Full-Timing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

Mike68959

We are thinking of getting a 'toy-hauler' version of a 5th wheel so we can take along our touring motorcycle.  Our concern is with the cut down in living space.  Is anyone using a 'toy-hauler' for FT?  If so, what can you tell me about the experience and whether it is worth it?

TIA

I have friends that did this, they actually have a fifthwheel they fulltime in but
bought a toyhauler so they could take the goldwing. They left town in January
and aren't due back til October. They are having a great time taking little sight
seeing excursions on the goldwing. They send me a weekly journal to keep me
informed and so far have had no problems along the way. They are quite happy
with their purchase. It was a small toyhauler and since they live full time in their
fifthwheel, they are quite in tune to utilizing all the little nooks and cranies you
have in an rv.

Great to hear, but do they bring both the toy hauler and 5th wheel on trips?  Your post made it sound as if they might.

no, they have left the fifthwheel parked at their fulltime spot and took off
for this years roadtrip with the toyhauler. They left in January, from AZ, went
to Fl area, up the east coast and over the Great Lakes and now into the
Dakotas. They have stayed anywhere from a couple nights, to a couple
weeks and even a month in some locations. She tells me, so far they hadn't
left anything in the fifthwheel they wish they had brought and if they need
anything they can pick it up at Walmart, and if Walmart doesn't have it, she
doesn't need it. They have a few more states to go before they get back
the end of September or first of October.

I'm getting ready here in the near future to do the same thing Mike, buy a toy hauler and RV full time. I'm looking at it as a soon to be adventure. I will be hauling 2 bikes and I plan to make a platform to haul a 4 wheeler on the back if thats possible.
I put a post on 5th wheel trailer section to see if I could get input from other toy hauler owners as to their likes and dislikes of their haulers and tow vehicles, not had much response though.

On most of the toy haulers you can also use the garage as living space.

We started out full-timing in a 35-foot 5th wheel back in the 80s. We didn't have a toy hauler (there weren't any then) but we did have the back 8-feet of the 5er set up as a darkroom so we had about as much living space as you'd have with a 35-foot toy hauler 5th wheel. We found it to be plenty of room.

Wendy

We looked at toy haulers because we own a 2007 harley davidson tryke and what we found is that the living spaces are not like alot of rvs  living space homey wise,they to us look more like a weekender thing not something you would live in,,thats just our views on them  so we decided to pull ours behind a Mh instead. It just depends what you are comfortable with  really.

That's the feeling we've had in looking at 'toyhaulers'.  We'll keep looking, but we'll also keep an open mind about a MH.

Back
Top Bottom