Intellitec climate control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbeam2

Will the problems of recent never end? :eek:

I left the other morning and heard the furnace running. I went into the RV to check it out and the heat was full blast and my temp gauge said it over over 100 degrees in there. Everything was off on the Intelletec control panel. I ended up cutting gas off to kill it. After that the fan never would shut off, even left all day to cool down. I had to unplug everything I could find to get it to go off.

So there's the dual temp control panel in the BR and anther Intelletec black box under the fridge where inverter and wiring is located. Does anyone know which box would most likely have gone bad?

Chuck

One of  these service manuals may help, depending on which model Climate Contrl you have:

http://www.intellitec.com/pdfs/SpecialPurpose/5300591.597.pdf
http://intellitec.com/pdfs/SpecialPurpose/5300855.856.pdf

I looked thru those but they mostly address AC tests. I emailed their tech support but haven't heard anything from them.

chuck

I don't think Intellitec responds to customer support requests any more. Another victim of the economy. They may refer you to a guy who does it for a fee, though.

I doubt if there is a problem with the Climate Control box anyway. More likely the furnace has shorted its control or something else is shorted and applying +12v to the "call for heat" line from t-stat to furnace.  Check the furnace itself and disconnect the +12v line from the t-stat and see if the furnace shuts off.  The burner should cut out quickly but fan will run awhile. If the furnace still runs, you probably have a bad board in the furnace.

The Intellitec controls heat also so are you sure the furnace has it's own control board?

They still have an email tech link so I figured they used it. Oh well

Chuck

Yes!! they all do AFIK. You likely have either a Suburban or Atwood furnace. From the publications RV Roamer pointed to, there is likely a thermostat that is part of the Intellitec system.

I can unplug the front thermistor from the control box and it shuts down. I assume the thermistor has gone bad. It is mounted under the dinette cabinets. What is the best way to access the wiring inside the cabinets? Any trick to removing the panels? I don't see any kind of access to it.

chuck

Under the conditions you describe, I am not sure why you need access to the wiring itself but taking the cover off the thermostat and, using the info in the publications, check to see if the appropriate lead to the furnace has 12V volts on it, (usually labelled "W"). If so, disconnecting this lead alone should shut off the furnace and if it does and the temperature selected does not justify calling for heat, the thermostat itself is likely defective.

If the thermostat  controls both the AC and the furnace, there may be two bundles of wire out of the thermostat, one going to the AC unit and 1 to the furnace. There may also be a second "W" lead going to the AC unit if it is equipped with a heat pump or heat strip.

I need to access it to replace the temp sensor. I went out there pulling, tugging and prying. I was able to pry the inside bottom panel up inside the cabinet which got me to the wires. 

Chuck

Ahh!! I missed it where you said you unplugged "from the control box". I thought from behind the Thermostat itself. (Mine is plug-ended). Will you have to splice in the new one (unless it is a clear run to the control box itself) ??

Good luck!!

There were two spliced connectors under there. I would think this was a common part but I only found two places online that had them.

chuck

Chuck-
I have been experiencing the same problem that you did regarding the furnace coming on.  Additionally, the ECC BOX "clicks" every so often and the a/c's seem to be shedding alot more than usual...... I suspect that the ECC PART NUMBER  000591-000 is bad. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Paul

HI:  My Intellitec climate control decided to turn on the furnace by itself last Sat.n  The coach has been parked for about a month.  Had a hard time trying to shut it off.  Thought it might have been a fluke so I  left it on twice more with a repeat of turning on the furnnace when it's suppost to be  shut off.  Noticed the ecc brain box was clicking  when I had disabled the furnace.  I see there are several other posts about the same problem.  What were the solutions?  Thanks for any help  Nelson.  The thermostat seems as if it is working correctly as I can hear it click on and off.

The sloution to my problem was a defective thermostat.  The Ecc master controller and temperature sensors all were ok.  Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom