Fuel prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark R.

I am getting ready for my sometimes annual trip to Oshkosh Wisconsin  and was wondering what I would be paying for fuel this year. In the NY area  (Mid Hudson Valley) I am seeing 3.00 +, anyone know what Ohio and Illinois is charging ? Tried to find prices for Ohio Turnpike. but found nothing but
"we are competitive statements".

Diesel in the Milwaukee area is running $2.99 or a bit less.  There are a number of web sites with current fuel prices like this one that you can reference.

If you fuel at any place particular (i.e. Pilot, FJ, TA, Love's, etc) you can go to their websites and get fuel prices and that should give you a general idea of what prices will run in a certain area.

Happy and safe travels!

I'm currently parked near Kankakee, Illinois and the price of regular gas has jumped 13 cents in the last week.  I have no idea why.

Mark R. said:
....wondering what I would be paying for fuel this year.

we love using... http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStationsBeta.aspx

just type in the city and voila!

regards, peter

Thanks to Ned above, I just discovered that fuel site on the internet. Looks good, I will use it for out trips from now on as it also has diesel fuel.

Bill

aka Porky said:
I'm currently parked near Kankakee, Illinois and the price of regular gas has jumped 13 cents in the last week.  I have no idea why.

They do that all the time, prices will creep down 1-2 cents per day for a week or so and then jump back up 20 cents.  Pretty annoying pattern, but somewhat predictable.  The key is to catch the price near it's bottom before the big jump back up.  ;)

For gas prices, I always use www.GasBuddy.com and its local version www.illinoisgasprices.com ... I am a registered member (anybody can do it) so I report prices for gas stations I pass on my daily travels, to help others know what current prices are.

Everything central IL is running around $2.75 right now, currently creeping down a couple cents each day.

Here in Dayton $2.71 cheap stuff.... $2.90-$2.99 for high test/diesel

If you are going to the airshow, my Uncle & his family run the military toy store, they sell airplanes & other hobby stuff.  They are missing my wedding to be up there for the show

If I see the toy store I will mention that family comes before profit, then again if they just like to go to Airventure then its OK to miss a wedding. Have a nice wedding!

LOL..... it's all good.... my 2nd... fiance's 2nd..... (her husband died of cancer..... I just didn't get along with my x)

They have had tough times financially & this is one of if not the best for them financially..... & they make it a big family vacation

I know it's far away, but WY is looking at 2.89 and MT is about 2.79 on average. I saved a whopping .20 at the Flying J in Belgrade MT with my card F.J. card last week on a 55.00 fill up  ::) Propain was only 3.00 a gal at the local feed store though  ;D

I would be happy to have sub $3.00/gal gas. Around LA, it is $3.10 to 3.20 a gal.
George

I live in So Cal and the gas is about $3.08.  When I can I get my gas at Costco which is a little cheaper.  I also have a Costco business membership through American Express which give me 4% off on the total purchase which right now amounts to about 12cents a gallon.

Richard 34A said:
California, $3.19 - $3.49, we win! Wait, is it the highest price paid or the lowest? Oh, looks like we lose again...

LOL - living in BC, and specifically in the Vancouver area, we often feel the same way; the gas prices here are always the highest in the country!
pdq

Just filled up the car at the Flying J in Lodi, CA; $2.969 with the 1? RV club discount, less 4% Costco Amex discount.

The western end of New York State is about $3.159 for diesel and about $3.009 on the indian reservations.  Western end of Pa is about $3.059 for diesel.  Ohio is generally a bit cheaper.

Just please stay away from ARCO....unless you like how BP has decorated the Gulf!?!?!?!? To me, it's worth paying the extra $$ not to buy a BP product.

Back
Top Bottom