Need temporary source of propane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AA4WP

Our Journey's propane tank still has a leak. We are still working on it, but I suppose Winnie's tech support is a bit occupied right now. 

I have two small propane tanks in the shed.  One is the old style with a POL fitting; it worked for our coleman stove and lantern set back when we were tenting and trailering.  The other tank is a new "blue rhino" which is used for our mosquito trapper, and it has the newer QCC (or ACME) fitting.  Now the first tank will attach to the motorhome's pigtail without modification and I can use the remainder of the propane for our stove and refrigerator while parked in the campground.  Now the problem is this: what adapter can I buy or build to utilize the propane in the newer tank which I will only be able to refill (or exchange).

TIA

Wendell

You can use the new style tanks with the pigtail. At least on my coach. I have done it.  When I ran out of fuel at 2:00 I borrowed my son's BBQ tank. Diaconnected from coach tank an hoohed to 20# tank.  Thw old style fitting fitts on the inside of the new tank fittings.

Thank you very much.  I just came in from out doors and had experimented with the QVV tank; I had not noticed  that the fitting on the new tanks were trans-gendered; both inee and outee on the same fitting (my bad) and then I came back inside and read your response.  Yes both tanks work; I sure would not have thought it, after seeing the big threads on the new tank.. I never thought to look inside the fitting.

Problem solved.  Now just need some cooler camping weather.

Wendell

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom