EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: tire pressure  (Read 2945 times)

steve allen

tire pressure
« on: July 17, 2010, 07:04:02 AM »
Hello,
I just purchased a 1989 Toyota Sea breeze without a manual. Does anyone know what the tire pressure should be. Dual rear wheels p185-75-R14 tires.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
steve

grandpaclint

• ---
Re: tire pressure
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »
look on the side of the tires, the inflation pressure will be there
96 dodge ram1500 4x4
highlander non cabover camper
superstar 121 am/fm cb
4 ft.barjan antenna

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »
The sidewall pressure will be the maximum for the maximum rated load of the tire.  A good starting point, but you need to get the RV weighed and use the tire manufacturers inflation chart to find the correct pressure for your axle weights.  The procedure has been discussed here many times.  If we know the tire manufacturer we can try to point you to the proper tables and help you determine your actual correct inflation pressures.

Also, do check the date codes on the tires.  See this article in our RV Forum Glossary for how to read the date codes.  If the tires are 6 or more years old they need replacing.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Full Monte

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 08:26:28 AM »
Ned is correct.  In addition to getting the front and rear axle weights,  you will need to dig down into the tire mfgr's website for the recommended tire pressure for the actual weight you are carrying on your tires.  Using the sidewall pressure rating of the tire is NOT the way to inflate your tires.  You will be surprised that the tire pressure recommended by the mfgr. is less than the maximum indicated on the sidewall.  I know because of blowouts I have had on tires I had inflated to the max number on the sidewall.
2004 Tiffen Allegro 27.5 ft.  8.1L Workhorse engine.
11k miles.
1985 F350 dually crewcab 6.9 diesel 4x4 with 11 1/2 ft. Vacationeer camper

Hosted by Over The Network