tire pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve allen

Hello,
I just purchased a 1989 Toyota Sea breeze without a manual. Does anyone know what the tire pressure should be. Dual rear wheels p185-75-R14 tires.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
steve

The sidewall pressure will be the maximum for the maximum rated load of the tire.  A good starting point, but you need to get the RV weighed and use the tire manufacturers inflation chart to find the correct pressure for your axle weights.  The procedure has been discussed here many times.  If we know the tire manufacturer we can try to point you to the proper tables and help you determine your actual correct inflation pressures.

Also, do check the date codes on the tires.  See this article in our RV Forum Glossary for how to read the date codes.  If the tires are 6 or more years old they need replacing.

Ned is correct.  In addition to getting the front and rear axle weights,  you will need to dig down into the tire mfgr's website for the recommended tire pressure for the actual weight you are carrying on your tires.  Using the sidewall pressure rating of the tire is NOT the way to inflate your tires.  You will be surprised that the tire pressure recommended by the mfgr. is less than the maximum indicated on the sidewall.  I know because of blowouts I have had on tires I had inflated to the max number on the sidewall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom