!! OOPS ~~ Forgot about Sturgis !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddog348

Have been blissfully meandering along(left home Bakersfield 1st ofMay)CA GoldCountry~Craters~Glacier~Yellowstone~GrTetons~Cody (traveling 100+mi/jump & staying several days/wk )having great time.  Leaving Cody on Jul 20th still wanting to see DevilsTower~BlackHills~MtRushmore~Badlands~CrazyHorse~etc.etc. at the same pace.  Do NOT want to get 'caught-up' in the Sturgis 'traffic'.  Also know many CG 'full' already because of the event ~~ PA in area "NO disc week before-week of-week after".  Just really poor planning (or lack thereof) on my part ~~ Just never thought 'motorcycle'.

Any suggestions for 're-route' or added attractions to avoid the 'crush'??  Any and ALL input greatly appreciated.    TIA,    Kate

Same thing happened to us last year. We was in Cody when a grope of motorcycle riders pulled in. Talking to a couple of them, they said they was heading to Sturgis.

Oh Crap, we changed our plans and headed through Denver to Oklahome and Memphis. We want to go back and do that again soon, as good of an excuse as any to make another long trip out west.

We just left Hill City, SD yesterday and were amazed at how few motorcyles were there. I only noticed a couple at Rafter J Bar Ranch CG where we stayed (really nice CG). We were all over the places you stated and very few motorcycles but this may be the time that they are arriving. I guess we lucked out missing all the traffic. Good luck to you and wish you very little traffic.

Did the BearToothHWY Loop outta Cody today Hundreds of Bikes on the road  ~~ All little towns along the way  FULL of Bikes.  Big signs 'BikersWelcome' all over.  Just practicin'??

Back
Top Bottom