SKP Rally in Indiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taoshum

I'm hoping that someone who has been to a SKP rally could tell us what it's like... We went to a FMCA event in Farmington, NM and maybe they are similar?  SKP mentions a RV skills class... would this be a good way for Coleen to learn how to drive a MH?  It's a fair drive to Indiana from here so I'm hoping someone who has been to SKP Escapade type events can give us the straight scoop... :p  Thanks!

HI,

We went to Goshen about 3 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  We would have taken in others since then but they conflicted with other activities.  We are currently in Monterey Calif and looking at the calendar to see if we can make it to this years rally in Goshen.  Not sure if we will leave Calif in August or Sept for Pennsylvania.

They had vendors inside and out, numberous seminars, entertainment and lots of good fun. not sure if the RV skills class is a driving class, give them a call.  My wife has taken the driving class at Winnebago and really enjoyed it.  she does not drive as she has very bad back and a numb leg, however, she can if necessary.

The RV museum is not to far away and is worth a trip over to see it.  They have ample parking for the Rv and told us we could stay the night in the parking lot.

Russ/Betsy  WB3FQI/6  WB3FQH/6

The Escapades are fun and entertaining. They are not as large or have as many of the OEM vendors as the Rally or FMCAA International rallies. The Escapade we attended did not have a hands on driving course available. Their new RVer course is a series of classroom how-tos.

The RV skills classes at the Escapade are classroom events - one inside, the other outside watching the instructor maneuvering his RV.

If you want individual instruction, the RV Driving School will be there.  They're offering individual lessons before and during the event.  If you're interested, contact them ASAP as they usually sell out.  http://www.rvschool.com/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom