Enclosed trailer question regarding A/C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasonClaborn

I have a 24ft PACE enclosed trailer, with a side door, compleatly empty. I have 2 coleman 13500 BTU  lowprofile ac units on the way that fit the 2 14x14 vent holes. Only worry I have is that the roof might not be able to support the weight of the 2 ac units, 98lb's apeice, 196 total. Has anyone else had any experiance installing AC units in a enclosed trailer, and dealing with weight distribution on the roof.. When I push up on the roof it flexes pretty bad, I think.. Im just worried about going down the highway and the ac units bouncing and flexing... Anyway any help would be appreciated..

http://www.paceamerican.com/trailers/rallye/construction/#specInfo

^^^^^

Thats the trailer I have, its the RT8524TA3H model.  27'9", 24ft inside.

I'd worry too, since they don't give any roof loading specs, nor do they offer an a/c as an option.  Have you tried calling Pace Customer support? They make great claims about how well they support their customers, so they ought to respond.

What did you end up doing with your cargo trailer Jason?  did you end up mounting the units?  I would like to talk to you about them if you see this thread come up.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom