Best BBQ grill for RV'ing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After following the thread, I finally bit the bullet and purchased the Weber Q 220. I was needing to replace my home BBQ, and wanted something better than the protable grill that came with my Jaco. I figured I could kill two birds with on grill.
First meal was a couple nice ribeye steaks, turned out awsome, nice sear, and still pink in the middle, cooked at about 3/4 heat. I'm real impressed with this grill thus far.
I am looking at attaching the grill to the quick disconnect on my TT, I understand that this is post TT regulator, so I am looking at removing the regulator on the Weber Q and just plumbing in the quick disconnect off the original grill that came with my TT.
Has anyone done this? How did it turn out?
My plan B option is to install a T fitting pre-regulator and leave the existing regulator on the Weber Q. It would just be more convient to use the QD if possible.

robroy said:
I am looking at attaching the grill to the quick disconnect on my TT, I understand that this is post TT regulator, so I am looking at removing the regulator on the Weber Q and just plumbing in the quick disconnect off the original grill that came with my TT.
Has anyone done this? How did it turn out?

I have done exactly that with a Weber Q200.  I removed the valve/regulator assembly from the BBQ and put in in a vise.  Then I unscrewed the regulator from the valve.  Then I took the valve to a local propane/natural gas installer.  With a combination of fittings, he was able to adapt from the thread in the valve to the thread required to screw a low pressure hose at the end.  Then it's just a matter of putting the male quick disconnect at the end of the hose. 

I know this a very old thread but I want to chime in...I have found Smoke Hallow Vector table top gas grill AND SMOKER to be the best fix as its portable as heck and you can use it as a smoker too.  I have smoked chicken breast, pork chops as well as the grill for burgers, bratwurst and hot dogs.  Its large enough to grill for 4 adults and its great for 2 adults.  We are retired and I actually use this at home when we aren't camping as its so great for small portions and I don't have to fire up either my stand alone gas grill or smoker.

My wife likes to cook outside.  For cooking outside we carry a two burner Colman gas stove, a small charcoal grill that folds up, and a small chimney to start the charcoal so there's no chemical taste.  Don't know what brand the charcoal grill is, just one we found with a nice top that the legs fold over it to keep it closed when stored.  We have no desire to grill with gas.

Old Radios said:
My wife likes to cook outside.  For cooking outside we carry a two burner Colman gas stove, a small charcoal grill that folds up, and a small chimney to start the charcoal so there's no chemical taste.  Don't know what brand the charcoal grill is, just one we found with a nice top that the legs fold over it to keep it closed when stored.  We have no desire to grill with gas.
I know the OP specifically asked about gas grills, but I am like Old Radios wife. I cook outside on a regular basis with Dutch ovens and a charcoal grill. The fun is as much process as final result. If I am pushed for time I cook inside. A charcoal chimney makes lighting charcoal easier than lighter fluid or match-light charcoal besides making the final product tastier.

We like to eat so serious cooking equipment is important! ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_8059.jpg
    IMG_8059.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 31
I am beginning to figure that an important factor to this question is which grill is easiest to clean since i store it in the RV i want it clean to not attract rats and critters.
and my thermos grill2go is good at grilling and fits my storage, but It has a lot of crevices to clean. makes me wonder if there is better.

Sam! said:
I am beginning to figure that an important factor to this question is which grill is easiest to clean since i store it in the RV i want it clean to not attract rats and critters.
and my thermos grill2go is good at grilling and fits my storage, but It has a lot of crevices to clean. makes me wonder if there is better.

We use a "grill mat" when we use our grills. It makes for very little clean-up/mess.
We learned abut them at Oshkosh a few years ago.

WEBER "Q" 1200 here. Cleans up nice. No crooks & crannies. Folds up small. Easy to store. BBQ's everything very well... for 2 to 6 folks.

When cooking in our RV group.. we fire up 2... feeds 10 to 20.. no problem. :)

Joe

Bought a folding Grill Table @ Wal-Mart. Half Prep table, Half Grill Grate surface for heat issues. Hooks for tools. Holder for a roll of paper towels. Folds as flat as a Lawn Chair.  8)

Back
Top Bottom