toronto to pei

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deal

We left Thursday night from the "big smoke" (t dot / toronto) over packed and under equipped on our maiden voyage to PEI.

We stopped at Rideau Lakes RV park just off the 401 east of Kingston. We pre-paid and no problem rolling in after the park closed. It is a beautiful spot on the lake with a sandy beach. Lots of trees and room between sites. You can rent boats etc. We will stay there again and plan more time.

I hooked up the water to the tank bypass connection. However as I was tightening the connection on the outside of the RV, the connection on the inside was loosening. I turned the water on and went inside. I could hear the water leaking and figured it was outside. Went back out to tighten / loosen the connection some more. The noise of water leaking was now more noticeable so I turned it off and went inside to investigate. Water was soaking our newly cleaned carpet, it was pouring through my electrical compartment, and in the cupboards under the sink. I determined the fault and thankfully my good wife had been brainwashed by Vince and had a ShamWow package in the RV. That and my beach towel cleaned it up and we were relaxed with a beer just after midnight.

We pulled anchor around 10am and headed east. 2 hours we were in congested traffic trying to get through Montreal. Once we passed the tunnel we were rolling again and didn't stop (with exception of fueling :'( until we hit Riviere de loup around 7pm. A nice spot and cheap but a little too packed and a few miles off the track we were heading so I doubt we see that park again (camping du quoi)

The next morning we got back on the road and off to Moncton NB where we stayed at Camper City. A much larger park with a pool and big playground and wifi! That is where I am now. We are about to leave and hit our furthest destination, the Provincial park in Cavendish PEI, just 2 hours from here. I wanted to take the ferry over but the extra 3 hour drive ended in 4 no votes to my one. I decided not to use a trump card this time.

I'm pretty happy so far. This is definitely the way to travel. I am looking forward to 4 days in the park. Off to replenish supplies and hit the road.

Deal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom