A silver lining...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
The old saw says that every cloud has a silver lining. Well, ours did too. Some of you remember our coach was badly wrecked last October and we just recently got on the road again.  The "silver lining" is that we got some needed repairs and a couple upgrades as part of the deal.

The washer/dryer was damaged internally and we got a brand new one for the price of the repairs to the old one. Better yet, we got the brand new 2100XC model, which is larger capacity and more convenient to use. Nancy is real happy about that.  ;)

Got a brand new Sealand toilet too, cause the old one cracked its base in the sudden stop. The new one flushes much better, cleaning the bowl nicely. Uses a bit more water, though, so we will have to be careful if we don't have sewer available for several days.  :)

When the front end was repainted, the shop owner wondered why American Coach had not continued all three gold colors from the sides around to the front of the coach. Factory pain was mostly black + one color gold. He showed me where the molded front end could easily accommodate them. Maybe even was designed to do so and then they simplified the painter's work by using only the two colors on the front instead of four. I allowed as how that would be a slick improvement and he said "OK, that's how we will do it".  So now we have a unique custom paint job on the front end, at no extra cost.  8)

The side window by the driver seat was fogging up on cool mornings,making it hard to see the mirror on that side. That window was broken in the accident, so no more fog.  :D

There was a rock ding and small scrape on the driver side bay doors, from road and campground accidents over the past years. That side got damaged in the accident, so it's all like new now.  ;D

And I am happy to report there has not been a single issue with the repairs that were done. Everything is working as well or better than original. Great work by Mike's RV Collision in Wilmington, NC.

Wonderful Gary. Glad to hear that everything worked out OK in the end, and that you're very happy with the result.

I am pleased to hear that report. I've been wondering how you were doing with the repairs. Glad you're happy. Enjoy.  ;D

Ray D  ;D

RV Roamer said:
The washer/dryer was damaged internally and we got a brand new one for the price of the repairs to the old one. Better yet, we got the brand new 2100XC model, which is larger capacity and more convenient to use. Nancy is real happy about that.  ;)

Gary that is the model we added  after some 10 years of going to laundromats.  I am learning to use it and I really like having  a washer in rig.  Glad Nancy is happy and that you found silver linings in your accident.

We try to look on the bright side, Betty. Life is too short to agonize over the not-so-good things that have happened.  We've had problems, but we have been very lucky too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom