A/C condensate dripping on canvas...gutter system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgorney

Hey all!  New here to the forum and to Popup camping.

Just purchased 2001 Coleman Cheyenne.  The A/C drips on the canvas over the forward bed.  There has got to be a way of directing the drips into a drain/downspout or at least to a central convenient point.  I am drying out the canvas now because of the A/C unit running this weekend.  I don't want to dry out the canvas after a beautiful weekend before storage.  Thanks!

I have a 96 Jayco and mounted a piece of aluminum angle to the bottom edge of the top with screws and siliconed it to seal it against the edge. It seems to work.

And, if you didn't want the holes that would be associated with the angle iron, a bead of sealant would do the same.......

Last outing I had to set up on a few badly sloped spots and found that if the water drained down the center seam of the roof it kept running off the edge of the angle onto the canvas. I found a C channel aluminum at Home Depot that I am going to try instead of the angle as it should contain the water better, and run the ends about 1/2" past both sides of the top so it doesn't drip down on the lower part of the trailer.

The drain hole sits just off the roof usually above a hole in the drip pan. If you could make a trough or gutter that you can move around to direct the water flow and then be able to  remove when traveling.

I actually have the same problem with my parents pop-up.  Im going to head over to Home Depot and see if i can pick some stuff up.  Thanks for the idea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom