1996 Suncruiser bedroom window crank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcgribks

The windows I have are the louvered ones that have a round crank to
open and close them. One of the little gear boxes is stripped out and
won't close all the way.  I have the new gear box #112519-01-702 but
I can not seem to see how to take the window apart.  Anyone replaced
these before?

I've done it, but it's been so many years now that I've forgotten the details. Basically, you unscrew the mounts for the gear box and maneuver until you can get the torque tube out. That's the hollow piece that goes from the gear box to the opposite side of the window. As I recall, I had to force it more than just a bit. I don't recall if the torque tube has a set screw or just slips over the driver on the gear.

jcgribks, if the broken crank is on the right (curb) side the window needs to come out in order to get the gear box out, at least on  my 2000 Suncruiser that's what needed to be done.

I've got the louvered crank out windows on both sides of the bedroom.
The one on the curb side is the one that is stripped out but I was going
to replace both.
I wondered about if I might have to take the window out to replace them.
The parts guy up at Lichtsinn Motors said that he thought they were riveted
in place and from looking, I can't see any rivets unless they are put in from
the bottom.

The street side crank on mine was bolted thru the window frame requiring the window to come out, I had a shop do the removal and and installation for me as I wasn't able to do it plus the window needs to be resealed and I wanted some one with experience to do it.  I did the street side which because it is an emergency hatch pops out real nice.

kent

The cranks on my old trailer were just screwed in, so the window did not have to come out.  But I've never worked on a Winnie or Itasca window, so can't really say how they are done.

IF any one can confirm window removal
Read posts on replacing a window crank on some models that require window removal to replace the crank mechanism.....Since I  need to replace at least one crank, to enjoy my winter, on  a double window and there are no screws to remove on the center pivot rod holder like there are on the single window:and there are 2 of some type of long rivets on the crank side of the bar, one of which I could never remove or replace at the very top corner of the crank.....I would like to confirm that the window does need to come out (and I have to live with it)

Thanks for the note...Got to MacGyver a magnet holder and stick of wood holder/ opener for our snow bird park use...HAPPY NEW YEAR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom