Travel Trailer Slide outs - Keep in or out when not in use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murban3

Hello,

We just purchased a Fleetwood Pegasus 30' TT with a super slide.  We will have to park it for the winter.  Does anyone have any advice on if I should park it with the slide in or out?  If I leave it out should I place jacks under it for support?  We live in PA so we do get our share of snow.  Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks

murban3 said:
Hello,

We just purchased a Fleetwood Pegasus 30' TT with a super slide.? We will have to park it for the winter.? Does anyone have any advice on if I should park it with the slide in or out?? If I leave it out should I place jacks under it for support?? We live in PA so we do get our share of snow.? Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks

Personally I recommend keeping the slide in during storage.  This will help keep the slide mechanism protected from the weather elements when not in use.

murban3 said:
Hello,

We just purchased a Fleetwood Pegasus 30' TT with a super slide.  We will have to park it for the winter.  Does anyone have any advice on if I should park it with the slide in or out?  If I leave it out should I place jacks under it for support?  We live in PA so we do get our share of snow.  Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks

Definitely bring the slide in!!!! You don't need the weight of snow on it and you'll have to wait until it thaws out before moving it. It could also prevent damage to the seal which would lead to a leak. If it's parked under trees a lot of stuff will accumulate on the top as well.

I pulled it in just before an icestorm

Whew!  Good for you!

Jacks under the RV is a good idea so the weight is taken off the tires.  If the tires are on concrete, it would be good to place plywood under the tires to prevent the rubber from contact with concrete for prolonged periods.

Don't move the RV with ice on the roof because of the added load, and don;t try breaking it off because of all the structures on the roof that might break.

Back
Top Bottom