Guitars and WD-40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carson said:
Luca,  I know, but when you are sitting at 99% where can you go? 
carson  :D ;D

Well, you're at a hundred per cent now, so where do you go from here?  I guess you could always forget some things and replace them with something else.

Two replies.. 21 C equals about 70?  F. Happy that you are warm. Marc.

Would you like the temp in R?amur ? 

Carson in hot Florida..

Luca1369 said:
Just 1%?

BTW Carson, it's 93 here.

My wisdom level is down 9% since this thread started. And I don't have that much to loose to begin with.

Steve, at my age, I adjust my wisdom level every day. Things just get lost daily. That way way I will never get over-wisdomized and can keep up with all the wisdom of this forum. There are some exceptions that I won't mention here.

Have a great day... we all need some of those these days.

Carson FL  96?

Luca1369 said:
Uh guys, I hate to ruin a party here, but tuning a six string guitar an "octave lower" would make for a terribly sounding and playing guitar.  An octave is the interval of eight diatonic degrees between two tones of the same name (like a low E and a high E), the higher of which has twice as many vibrations per second as the lower.  Six string guitars are not made for reproducing such low tones correctly although you can play around a lot with a seven or eight string guitar and achieve some success tuning down an octave. 

A four string bass guitar for all practical purposes is tuned one octave lower than a normal guitar, top string being an E, but it is set up with a longer neck and bigger strings to accomodate that tuning.  Were you to do that with a six string guitar your lower strings would practically be laying on the frets. 

Don't you mean tuning down a "step" or two?  That's what Tommy Iommi did.  He tuned down three half steps from an E to a C# when he was with Black Sabbath (starting with 1971's Master of Reality, well after he recorded Paranoid and Iron Man...sorry ).  Tuning from an E to D is called "drop D tuning."  The lowest I've ever heard of guitar tuned down and recorded was tuning down from an E to a A by the band Korn and several others. 

Seilerbird could tune lower than an A but he would have to change strings to a larger set, adjust his Floyd Rose, and hope for the best.  And we know how much Tom loves changing strings...

Octave, 5th, 3 steps, it's all greek to me IM A DRUMMER!!!!! MWAAHAHAHAHA

I did just watch a biography on Sabbath that indicate Iommi dropped the tuning right after his injury in '67 prior to his stint with Jethro Tull to alleviate the pain of pressing the strings into the frets on the upper registers.  Just repeating what I "learned'?!?!?!  Blame the biography channel. 8)

Mc2guy said:
I did just watch a biography on Sabbath that indicate Iommi dropped the tuning right after his injury in '67 prior to his stint with Jethro Tull to alleviate the pain of pressing the strings into the frets on the upper registers.  Just repeating what I "learned'?!?!?!  Blame the biography channel. 8)

He may have used it earlier, but Master of Reality is the first recording of his that I know he used it.  He also used to use plastic "thimbles" on his fingers to alleviate the pain.

Mc2guy said:
Octave, 5th, 3 steps, it's all greek to me IM A DRUMMER!!!!! MWAAHAHAHAHA

Do you know how to get a drummer off of your front porch???? Pay him for the pizza.

What do you call a drummer who breaks up with his girlfriend???? Homeless.

How can you tell when a drummer is knocking at your door??? 1- The knocking speeds up. 2- He doesn't know when to come in.

What is the best way to confuse a drummer??? Put sheet music in front of him.

What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians???? A drummer.

Oh I got a million of them.

P.S. I am first and foremost a drummer.

seilerbird said:
Do you know how to get a drummer off of your front porch???? Pay him for the pizza.

What do you call a drummer who breaks up with his girlfriend???? Homeless.

How can you tell when a drummer is knocking at your door??? 1- The knocking speeds up. 2- He doesn't know when to come in.

What is the best way to confuse a drummer??? Put sheet music in front of him.

What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians???? A drummer.

Oh I got a million of them.

P.S. I am first and foremost a drummer.

Whats the difference between a drummer and a large pizza?  A large pizza can feed a family of four.

I have never giggled as much before this thread.  I am not a Drummer, I am just a Hummer. Sometimes on key.

Keep up the humor folks....

carson

Well this drummer can sight read Shostakovich and Liszt symphonic tympani parts just fine, so any cracks about reading music will have to end there. :-*  Plus, I'm feeding a family of 5 just fine thank you.

P.S. I don't smell like WD40 either ;D

You asked for it.

What do Ginger Baker and black coffee have in common???? They both suck without Cream

Why is a drum machine better than a drummer????  Because it can keep good time and won't sleep with your girlfriend.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how some drummers do it.  They've got to have both arms and legs moving independently of each other, in perfect timing, and do it for hours on end.  They've got to have some kind of stamina.

Now if you want to view a unique drummer, watch the drummer in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E

Okay, that's it, that's all I'm giving up for the drummers...

More show than drumming.

I once worked with an electrician who was a drummer (no, not Tom Seilerbird!). He used to twirl a long screwdriver like he did his drumsticks. I do it to this day  ;D

To this day I still cannot twirl drumsticks. Which is good, I would probably hurt myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom