Wal-Mart in North Carolina?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newrvers09

planning a trek to Disney late October from southern New Jersey.  Would like to pull into a Wal-Mart for some rest about halfway through, thining somewhere in mid North Carolina.  Can anyone suggest a friendly safe Wal-Mart/Sam's, etc?

Thank you :)

I assume you will be on I-95 and want to stay pretty close for continuing the trip in the morning.  Halfway across NC is Smithfield which has a Super Center within about 1 mile of the exit.  Get off at exit #97 and it is on US-301.  There are several others along I-95 if you want to go a little further or not quite as far.  You sure don't have to make reservations at Wal*Mart and can decide when you get to the area.The next one south is at Erwin.  Take exit 73 and it is on that highway in three miles.

If you belong to Overnight RV Parking http://overnightrvparking.com/ you can find out for sure which Walmarts will allow overnight parking and which ones don't. They have a data base of 8000 places to stay, many are Walmarts, many are not.

There is one in Lumberton off of 95 at Exit 22. I've used it as a halfway stop for my multiple trips to FL, going both ways. It's in a nice area and have never had any unsafe incidents. There is always a group of campers overnighting so you won't be alone.

A better thought is the Flying J at exit 106, you can see it from the highway. 

Old Snipe said:
A better thought is the Flying J at exit 106, you can see it from the highway.
I have found Flying-Js a little on the noisy side with the big rig trucks that run their engines constantly. I did experience that once in a Wal-Mart lot, an 18 wheeler came in about midnight and left his rig running until he pulled out about 6 a.m.

Most Flying J's have separate areas where RVs can park.  It isn't in the back where the trucks are and are much quieter.  Usually up by the gas pumps or between there and the back area.

We went to Myrtle Beach in August with our TT and stopped at the Walmart in Emporia, VA, right above the NC border a few miles. We did ask and they didn't mind, there was another RV in the lot also. It's not just a Walmart, but some other stores also. Even a couple tractor trailers stopped there (didn't idle all night)

It's not a 24 hour store, so there was no traffic, but there were employees in and out we did see before we dozed off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom