Step Up to Itasca Suncruiser 32h

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

08ItCam26A

I have a 2008 Itasca Cambria 26A. It has been great but we are thinking about stepping up to a newer Itasca Suncruiser 32h. I would like to get some feedback from those of you that have or had a Suncruiser. What are the pro's and con's? In the class A should I think about a diesel or stick to the gasoline engine?

Thanks, Ron

Ron -
We had an '08 Voyage 32H on the Ford chassis. The 32H floorplan was introduced in the Voyage/Sunrise and is still around in the Adventurer/Suncruiser. We loved the floor plan. Thanks to that full-wide slide, it lives much bigger than 32/33 feet! If you are interested in a diesel, you should consider the 34Y. It's basically the same floorplan as the 32H with two more feet and one more slide right where you need it.

The only reason we don't still have our 32H was because after four months of fulltiming we found a great deal on the 40TD, which was the one we "always wanted"! And, we love it. Had the 34Y been around when were shopping for the 32H we would have bought that and would still have it. But, we sure love our Tour.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, just ask!
Mary

We have an '08 Voyage 32H and absolutely love it!  Just like Mary said, that full wall slide makes for tons of room.  And there is a large amount of storage space available inside.  The only downside is that there is not as much storage space outside because of the basement A/C.  And with the 4-door fridge, we can pack in enough food for a week!

As far as diesel vs. gas, I've never had a diesel.  We tow our Saturn Ion and get just over 6 mpg.  The noise of the engine is rarely a problem; only on steep hills.  I don't know if having a diesel would make any difference as far as engine noise goes (again, no experience with a diesel).

The F-53 chassis has gotten better with standard equipment.  The Front and rear anti sway bars are stronger than they used to be.  Bilstein shocks and a front end stabilizer are also standard.  Makes the ride pretty nice.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom