1966 Blue bird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flmedic4

ok, ok Im wondering if anyone knows anything about the blue bird bus from 1966! We are not finding much information and no pics of the one we have (flat nose) on the internet...you can find anything on the internet--but this bus!!!  Ifanyone knows how to red the VIN numbers please let me know. I have i figured out that it is not like reading the VIN on my 69mustang or a regular vehicle. Just trying to decide if we have a rarely made bus or a dud!  We love it and are going to keep it no matter what but just wondering. I am trying to fig out how to post pics of it since all my pics are jpg and ya cant post jpg files.....thanks again

I am an owner of a 92 Wanderlodge and the moderator on the Wanderlodge Forum at Yahoo.  What specifically are you confused about with the VIN number?  I'd like to see a photo of your Bird.  I have a pretty good mental picture of what your rig looks like.  Love to see the old girls still running and serving their owners. Yes, you can post a JPEG image on the forum as long as you are a member.  There is also a thread on Members Rigs Photos.

Contact me via email.

I guess my question was or is if we got something other than a 1966. If it isnt a blue bird then they sure took a lot of time painting blue birds on it and things--haha!!! im just really wondering if its truly a 66...ok gonna try the pic thing again...sorry its so early/late we had a call at 0215 (when i was trying to sleep) I get to pick up my bus tomorrow  ;D!!!! what where those people thinking-just rude--hahaha now i can not go back to sleep... :-\

Attachments

• 029.jpg.JPG
    029.jpg.JPG
    483.1 KB · Views: 437
go figure aybe i have to be exhausted to get thngs to work correctly! haha here are more...

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    429.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 314
I love your B'Bird. Can you post more pics? Side and rear views? After you get some sleep of course!
J

It is definitely that vintage but could possibly a conversion from an early school bus.  There should be a body number on it somewhere.  Later models have the body number on the frame at the rear for a pusher.  Not sure where it is located on the forward control models.  The body number starts with a F and then 4 or 5 digits.

I can tell a little more about it with more images of the exterior.

The early motorhomes of the 60's by Bluebird were gas powered forward control rigs.  This is a pusher and has to be a bus conversion of some sort.  Not even sure that Bluebird made a pusher of any kind during the 60's.  I suggest you contact the Bluebird Bus Company and ask further.

Any One have a guess as to what this bus is worth? I dont want to sink my money into something I may never get it back on....I'll be posting more inside pics later..Today will be our first official work day! haha

OK up date! we have power, water, and AC and all the outlets work!!!! Considering we are in florida and its about 98 degrees outside now it is a total blessing!!!!!! We are questionable on the wiring so it may get replaced! We think (we are both good at installing steroes and my late uncle was a master electrician) that stereo wiring was used for lights--not sure if that is safe--any answers? Plus there is no wiring for a TV!!! haha we are getting rid of the generator and going with an invertor--so if anyone is looking for a generator let me know..Thanks to all for the postings-I have been reding the library and other posts like mad! I hope that I can help someone else someday!

flmedic4 said:
Any One have a guess as to what this bus is worth? I dont want to sink my money into something I may never get it back on....I'll be posting more inside pics later..Today will be our first official work day! haha
Don't expect to get make money or get all of your money back on any conv. or manufactured RV. This is more of a hobby.
J

Anytime you buy anything of value, unless you paid nothing for it, depreciation sets in.

So depending on your deal, forget about owning anything for free, never mind making a profit.

I just don't understand.....

Carson

We paid $1500 and luckily we love it. We can actually take it right now and camp in it but we want to get rid of the 80s motiff (I grew up in the 80's so I can totally say that! haha) and the generator for an invertor...Guess we didnt get a good of a deal as we were thinking.....

Replacing the generator with an inverter will certainly make it less desirable to a potential buyer.  An inverter is not a replacement for a generator.

flmedic4 said:
We paid $1500 and luckily we love it. We can actually take it right now and camp in it but we want to get rid of the 80s motiff (I grew up in the 80's so I can totally say that! haha) and the generator for an invertor...Guess we didnt get a good of a deal as we were thinking.....
Right now is when you can make money. Put it on EBAY, should bring 5g or more. Be sure to set a reserve price.
J

If the generator is in working condition its probably worth more than the bus.  I just sold my GMC 4106 that I owned for 14 years and converted during that time, so I lived in that world and still frequent the conversion boards.  You need to do more searching on the many conversion boards and get an education.>>>Dan

I have a 1966 Bluebird. Its very hard to find anything on the net about this year of bus. However mine looks nowhere near that photo. I,ll try to get a photo up and see if I can send ya links I have found on the 66. I have some organizing to do but will send a.s.a.p

Attachments

• 260442_10150696027285085_771175084_19880978_6435542_n.jpg
    260442_10150696027285085_771175084_19880978_6435542_n.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 135
Isolation ride said:
I have a 1966 Bluebird. Its very hard to find anything on the net about this year of bus. However mine looks nowhere near that photo. I,ll try to get a photo up and see if I can send ya links I have found on the 66. I have some organizing to do but will send a.s.a.p
It's blue, but I don't think it's a 'Bird. Must be a '66 Chevy, has the Bowtie. I'm a youngster, so maybe there were some "Birds like that back in the day.
J

Somebody could have repainted it from George Luce's final product with the black stripe and bird over the door and driver's windows. I worked for BB the summer of '61. Most state laws require all used school buses be painted another color before they can be titled and run on public streets and highways, no exceptions. I expect that this is what happened. The school districts had their choice of chassis so as not to miss any sale because of the different loyalties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom