1966 Blue bird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob Maxwell said:
Somebody could have repainted it from George Luce's final product with the black stripe and bird over the door and driver's windows. I worked for BB the summer of '61. Most state laws require all used school buses be painted another color before they can be titled and run on public streets and highways, no exceptions. I expect that this is what happened. The school districts had their choice of chassis so as not to miss any sale because of the different loyalties.
So they did make 'Birds on the Chevy chassis? What chassis were the FC's made on?
J

The FC's are built on the Bluebird All  American chassis. The OP's Bird looks to be one of the older short route Trailways busses that were used years ago. I know that the Little Rock AR Central Arkansas Transit used some Bluebird pushers years ago, as I almost bought one that they had for auction, and that was almost 20 years ago.

Its definetly a blue bird. I have all the original tags etc on it. The emergency exit is actually on the drivers side in the back left which I find odd. It was built in Brantford Ontario. I just can,t for the life of me find another on the net or ANY information on it. gets frustrating...lol.

For anyone still looking at this old thread and wondering about some info on Bluebird RV's try....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Bird_Wanderlodge

It may have been sold by a dealer in Ontario and have, but I don't know of a single BB of any kind made by the Luce's outside of the plant in Ft. Valley. They shipped their bus to North and South America and I seem to remember that a few went to mission stations with schools in Africa, the Middle East, and perhaps SE Asia. George Sr and his sons were also very supportive of Christian missionary work and the Indian Springs Camp Meeting. They were very active Methodists. I remember putting the roof on a small one that sat has 3 rows for a mission in Peru.

Don't expect a reply, this Topic is 9 years old and none of the bus owners have been back since shortly after their last posts here.

You can check on a member's status by clicking on their name - you'll be taken to their Profile which includes the last time they visited the Forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom