Out of the way places in Florida that dont cost arm & leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullit40

Does anyone know of any small out of the way RV parks in mid Fl to stay 2 or 3 months that  dont cost $700 a month?  Either coast would be fine.  Preferably the Gulf coast.  Wife and I live in SC but have lived in Clearwater before and would like to spend several months out of the year in Fl.

We looked a a couple east of Ft. Meyers and Sarasota, only found a couple using Trailer Life campground directory. Can't remember the names but neither was a place that I would want to stay and feel safe.

bullit40 said:
Does anyone know of any small out of the way RV parks in mid Fl to stay 2 or 3 months that  dont cost $700 a month?  Either coast would be fine.  Preferably the Gulf coast.  Wife and I live in SC but have lived in Clearwater before and would like to spend several months out of the year in Fl.

bullit40,

I am in the process of locating a place in Florida to do the same thing but for a longer period of time.  I will be spending the next 30 days mapping out parks  along with workamper information on each.  If you would like me to give you information that I find out, feel free to shoot me an email. 

My email address to use is [email protected].

Put Florida RV park in the subject line or I will never read it.

Thanks,
Robert

I am staying in a beauty tonight.  It may be to far norht, its just a few miles east of Silver Springs. They gave me a discount for $20 the night.  I am looking at their prices RV Sites $475.00+elec+tax per month.

Club Prices? $20.50 per day Passport America, $33.30 per day GoodSam & AAA  RV sites are based on 2 adults 2 children under 12.  Additional person wil be $3.00 per person per night.

Cable TV $38.00 per month = Tax
They have park models for rent, expensive Preserves?  not sure what that is but again discounts

Boats for rent dayaks & Canoes Pontoon boats, storage
It's called Wilderness RV Park Estates, Ocala National Forest, also has lots for sale, I think they are expensive.

Phone 352-625-1122 or [email protected]

WiFi 1gb $19.95 per month 2 gb $29.95 per month or quarterly rates

Continued..... Office, bath house, telephone, swiiming pool, hot tub, laundromate, dump station, recycle area, garbage compactor

Canoe, kayak and pontoon boat
swimming & jacuzzi
shuffleboard & horseshoes
lodge and club activities
community games
parties and dances
live music
greenway hiking trails

There are lots of beautiful TT's and motorhomes out here, but how many people are in I don't know oh and its gated, you need a remote or key to get in

I may return here sometime.

You might check out Peace Creek RV Park in Lake Wales.  You can do a search.  We have reserved there for January through March at a great rate!  We have friends that go there every year.  This is our first year to head south, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Sheila

You are only about five miles west of our place, also on SR 40 but further east of Ocala. 

Enjoy it now - in another 4-6 weeks you won't be able to get into the park because it is full of winter residents. No discounts then.

There is a place near Sanford Fl. that may be good for you,it's called Weikiva Falls Resort and it is about 6 miles from Sanford on rt 46 toward Mt Dora . It is a large park with mostly large lots . We stayed there last spring for a week and really enjoyed it. I would give you a link but have not mastered that yet but you can google the name and they have a great web page, very informative..Hope this helps ,Alan

You might look at the Lake Placid area or Okeechobee.  We have gone there for the past 6 years.  makes a nice Central location . 1-2 hours from either coast , Orlando or the everglades. The rents are cheaper, but no country club resorts,

tswms said:
You might look at the Lake Placid area or Okeechobee.  We have gone there for the past 6 years.  makes a nice Central location . 1-2 hours from either coast , Orlando or the everglades. The rents are cheaper, but no country club resorts,

Can you give some names??
I am familiar with LakePlacid & Sebring area, but I don't know of any for less than $700 a month.
I would definitely be interested. TIA

I  stayed at http://www.rvresorts.com/resort14.htm southern aire in Thonotosassa just outside of Tampa it was $536 a month plus electricity.

Gary RV Roamer said:
You are only about five miles west of our place, also on SR 40 but further east of Ocala. 

Enjoy it now - in another 4-6 weeks you won't be able to get into the park because it is full of winter residents. No discounts then.

Gary, We're planning on leaving Talahassee after TG and going down the west cost of Fl and back up the east coast over 2 weeks. Will we have problems finding places to stay 1 to 3 nights?

Tia.

After Thanksgiving the parks fill up quickly, though the peak is after Xmas. You are well north for snowbirds, though, and you probably won't get very far south in just a week. I'd guess you will be ok, but I'd call ahead as soon as you have an idea where you want to spend the next night(s).

Here in the Ocala area, monthly RV rates run $300-$500 + electric.  Here are a couple, but there are lots of choices.

http://www.wildfrontiercampground.com/rates.htm
http://www.wprvp.com/default.asp?file=Rates
http://www.wildernessrvparkestates.com/rates-reservations.htm
http://www.lakeintheforest.com/rates.html
http://www.ocalasunrvresort.com/html/rates.html

We are currently in Cedar Key, FL. We're not staying there, but there is a state or county park in the Suwanee (SP?) Preserve that the Mgr. told us was $15 per night. No pool or similar and about 15 miles out of Cedar Key, but its a really nice area.
Ernie

skyking,
Definitely another park. We were there yesterday and it took about a half hour or less to get to Cedar Key downtown from there. Its N. on 347/24 (stay on 347 and then left on 326 about five miles). The park is in the "Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge" and does have a resident Mgr. so I'd expect a phone. I'm not sure about services (elec. for sure) and the Mgr told us its usually not busy (3 or 4 rigs typically). Its now the beginning of hunting season so there were a lot of tents and a few "hunting cabin" quality trailers. If you have a park at a reasonable price I'd stay with it and perhaps drive out to the refuge, but its likely to be really cheap.
Ernie

Gary RV Roamer said:
After Thanksgiving the parks fill up quickly, though the peak is after Xmas. You are well north for snowbirds, though, and you probably won't get very far south in just a week. I'd guess you will be ok, but I'd call ahead as soon as you have an idea where you want to spend the next night(s).

Thanks Gary. We're going to spend a few days with friends at a park in Eustis and plan a few days ahead for the rest of the trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom