China to export Class A Motorhomes to the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Maxwell

Moderator Emeritus
From here: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/07/chinese-class-as-to-reach-u-s-in-spring/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RvBusiness+%28RV+Business%29

Yutong Bus Co. Ltd., the largest manufacturer of commercial buses in China, expects to be selling Class A diesel pusher motorhomes in the U.S. by next spring, according to RV industry veteran Bill Horvath who is heading up the venture.
The yet-to-be named motorhome will be built in China and initially will be shipped to the West Coast for distribution, Horvath told RVBUSINESS.com today (July 27) from China.

Read it all at the link above.

Well, let's see.  With all the problems we've had with products from China, from dog food to toys, I'm not sure I'd want to buy one.  Imagine trying to get service on a Chinese-made motorhome!  Or, maybe they'll be disposable.  ::)  This should be interesting!

ArdraF

I buy a lot of stuff from China and I find the build quality to be quite excellent. My Chinese guitar is five years old and it still plays perfectly, thanks to WD-40.

This is enough to burn me up! As it is we have enough jobs and manufacturing leaving this country and now we want to import some more cheap $%^#& from China?????? I just don't get it.

Mariekie

The only redeeming factor I can see here (in regards to the Yutong being a Chinese product) is that it's made by an already-established manufacturer with an industry reputation in fleet vehicles.  Maybe that means they will be decent rigs?  :-X  We shall see.

No, thank you. I'll just keep breathing life into my '88, 34footer. 8)
J

I think China should stay in their overpopulated country and destroy their own instead of coming over here! We have too many IMPORTS the way it is that's why things don't "last" like they used to  :mad:

Why not ?? They own us now anyway......if they ever call in our debt, we'll all be eating rice for a long time!  :'(

seilerbird said:
I buy a lot of stuff from China and I find the build quality to be quite excellent. My Chinese guitar is five years old and it still plays perfectly, thanks to WD-40.
Yep. China can build any quality Americans are willing to pay for. They just know that the first thing most  Americans look at is the price and therefore, they make a lot of cheap junk. If we didn't like to buy so much cheap junk, they wouldn't make so much of it.

-Don-​

So I am assuming all you folks who hate China so much don't own one single thing that was made in China?

seilerbird said:
So I am assuming all you folks who hate China so much don't own one single thing that was made in China?

No hatin' here, I just don't think we need to spend huge amounts of money at one time on Chinese goods. I own a lot of foreign stuff, not by choice. We don't make much of anything any more. Plus the Bosch brakes are bad enough. ::)
J

Yep, I am all for free market. However I choose to buy American whenever I can. American cars, American motorcycle, and American motorhome.  I would be buried in my Winnebago before I bought an Chinese RV. But that is just my own opinion, and that tends to be American too........

A typical 2011 Diesel pusher motorhome with the standard assortment of bells and whistles currently costs around $200k out the door. So what are all the "I only buy American" Americans going to be buying if there is a Chinese motorhome on the market that is basically identical selling for $39K?

If it costs 39k, it might actually be a good thing,,cus its going to take lots of tools, labor hours, and spare/replacement parts to keep the darn thing going down the road.

Yeah, but for $39k it comes with those great Chinese tires.  The manuals are all in Chinese too, but I'm not sure anybody would notice the difference. Most of the manuals I have seem to have been written in a foreign language anyway.

Seriously, it will be interesting to see how they price out for comparable equipment.  It's a smaller coach, and whether gas or small diesel engine, so we aren't talking the $200k class. You can buy a US built 30 foot coach for well under $100k. A 2010 Winnebago Vista starts at $89k and that is not a shabby rig!

Have no fear, the US government won't let them in, because they have lead in the batteries  ;)

BTW the $39 version doesn't have a motor. Instead, it has holes in the floor, kinda like the Fred Flinstone car.

seilerbird said:
A typical 2011 Diesel pusher motorhome with the standard assortment of bells and whistles currently costs around $200k out the door. So what are all the "I only buy American" Americans going to be buying if there is a Chinese motorhome on the market that is basically identical selling for $39K?
They can keep it, even at an even trade for my 1988, or my old 1975 if i still had it. The bells and whistles probably won't work very long anyway.
J

Keep in mind that on the news last week, I think it said that GM sold more cars in China than the US.

Wizard46 said:
Keep in mind that on the news last week, I think it said that GM sold more cars in China than the US.
Don't matter to me, I still wouldn't buy one for all of the tea in China.
J

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom