China to export Class A Motorhomes to the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gerall said:
I tend to agree. When you can buy a toaster/kettle/crockpot/coffee pot etc.  for ten bucks at Walmart people don't even flinch when it quits, just go get another one. Seems we have become accustomed to the disposable mindset.

We've been becoming more and more of a throwaway society for a long time. Products are no longer being built to be repaired and the finding of qualified repair people is almost impossible. How many times have you had a small piece in something break and you had to buy the complete assembly because the parts were not available? Remember when a good mechanic could rebuild your carburetor?

BernieD said:
Remember when a good mechanic could rebuild your carburetor?
I still can if you have one....like my '88 Pace does. :)
The ten dollar WM waffle makers were the best, had two of them, got five years out of them. Now I have the upgraded twenty buck stainless steel model. 8) I'll pass on the Chinese MH, too many good used American ones still available.
J

BernieD said:
And most are Buicks built in China
Remember the Daewoo ? We had one it was built in Korea. GM bought the failing Daewoo Co. Rebadged them and are selling  them to China under the  name Buick.. Thats no Lie....

can't speak for any of the jap stuff until the 80's, which is when I started with stereo stuff(just personal) and their headunits were on par with any american made stuff.  The china products are not only cheaper but seem to hold up far better than any of my american product I sell....by far. Which is really sad. One of my venders tried to bring their product back to the usa, but not only was the cost higher, but they were coming back to the stores by the truck load, they moved back to china and been there since.

kevin said:
can't speak for any of the jap stuff until the 80's, which is when I started with stereo stuff(just personal) and their headunits were on par with any american made stuff.  The china products are not only cheaper but seem to hold up far better than any of my american product I sell....by far. Which is really sad. One of my venders tried to bring their product back to the usa, but not only was the cost higher, but they were coming back to the stores by the truck load, they moved back to china and been there since.

In 1968 I was looking for a low end stereo rig (not the typical RCA console, etc.). Sherwood, Fisher, Marantz, McIntosh, etc. were the decent brands of the day, but the new Kenwood brand seemed about the same quality (except for maybe McIntosh) at a lower price, so I bought the TK-66 (I still have and use it) for $239, quite a bit less (especially on my very limited budget) than the more widely known brand names. That was, of course, the early part of the Japanese going to a higher quality of products. I knew it was pretty good because, in addition to listening to it and trying it out, Julian Hirsch of Stereo Review magazine had given it a decent mark.

Looks like the launch of the new MH line might be delayed somewhat indefinitely. Apparently there is a problem with their new luxury yacht line!  ;)

$2.5m yacht right to the bottom on launch day....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/2-5-million-chinese-yacht-goes-straight-down-161517593.html;_ylt=A2KJh9zxSZpOwwgAkk1tzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTRoYWFvZ3R2BGNjb2RlA2dtcHRvcDIwMHBvb2xyZXN0BG1pdANOZXdzIGZvciB5b3UEcGtnAzU1ODM4OWFiLTNjZmMtM2EzOS05ODFiLWEzZmE4M2Y2YjE4ZQRwb3MDOQRzZWMDbmV3c19mb3JfeW91BHZlcgNjYTVmZjI4MC1mNjdmLTExZTAtYmY0ZC05MTc1ZGQ4NjJmZWQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTJsYjlpYTlwBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNDg0MGYwYzEtOTg3Yi0zNTkwLTg3ZjgtNzcyZWY1NWJmNDQ0BHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

Mavarick said:
Looks like the launch of the new MH line might be delayed somewhat indefinitely. Apparently there is a problem with their new luxury yacht line!  ;)

$2.5m yacht right to the bottom on launch day....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/2-5-million-chinese-yacht-goes-straight-down-161517593.html;_ylt=A2KJh9zxSZpOwwgAkk1tzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTRoYWFvZ3R2BGNjb2RlA2dtcHRvcDIwMHBvb2xyZXN0BG1pdANOZXdzIGZvciB5b3UEcGtnAzU1ODM4OWFiLTNjZmMtM2EzOS05ODFiLWEzZmE4M2Y2YjE4ZQRwb3MDOQRzZWMDbmV3c19mb3JfeW91BHZlcgNjYTVmZjI4MC1mNjdmLTExZTAtYmY0ZC05MTc1ZGQ4NjJmZWQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTJsYjlpYTlwBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNDg0MGYwYzEtOTg3Yi0zNTkwLTg3ZjgtNzcyZWY1NWJmNDQ0BHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3
Looks like they didn't put enough thought into the launch configuration.

Back
Top Bottom