Backup camera monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a problem with my Panasonic backup monitor.? When driving, the back-up monitor picture and Trip Tek data occasionally goes blank - the GPS screen, however, still works.? If I shut off the ignition and restart the engine, the backup monitor and Trip Tek display works again until some magic moment (rough road, pot hole?)turns the display off again.? Does anyone have any ideas on this?? Thanks.

Mike McEvoy
2004 MADP 4301

On my rig, there is a relay that turns off the tv set and activates the rearview camera and turn/hazard light functions when the ignition switch is in the "on" position. If your is the same, that relay may be dropping out. When it fails, try your turn signals or hazard lights and see if they have stopped working too. Of course, yours may not be wired that way. Otherwise, try switching the power feed to the camera to a different fuse or bridge it to a different one and see if the problem persists. How often does it happen and under what circumstances? Providing more details will help us pinpoint your problem.

There is no pattern as to when it will stop.  Once, I started the engine and the monitor blanked out before I put the coach in gear.  Most of the time, I am driving down the freeway on reasonable roads and it just quits.  I will check the connections around the ignition switch and see if that's the problem.

Kentucky Mac's said:
When the monitor goes out, I can switch to GPS mode (rocker switch on dash) and the picture is fine.

Mike,

You may have a problem with the camera end or the wiring between that and the monitor.

Jim,
I wonder if that is a video switch or power switch? Seems to me that it's a power problem 'cause I've never heard of a dash switch that would switch a video signal. Of course your experience with MH problems is far greater than mine. Curious. 

Karl,

Some of the newer coaches combine the backup monitor with the GPS. You can switch between them in the unit. I prefer having those items separate since I watch both all the time. :) The problem could be in the switch for the two feeds.

My Damon did not come with GPS (I use my Garmin with this computer as a display)

However I did find a use for the Video Input "B"... Mounted a camera directly below the gas cap

Now when I pull into a pump island.. I line up just right, first time, every time :)

Jim,
Karl,

Some of the newer coaches combine the backup monitor with the GPS. You can switch between them in the unit. I prefer having those items separate since I watch both all the time. Smiley The problem could be in the switch for the two feeds.

Get outta here! What'll they think of next? Next you'll be telling me they've got a wireless set that shows pictures too ;D

Back
Top Bottom