rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: The Rally at Louisville, Kentucky from July 22-25 2010  (Read 21556 times)

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: The Rally at Louisville, Kentucky from July 22-25 2010
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:21 AM »
A driver like that should be reported to the highway patrol,  he's dangerous.  Call 911, he's endangering lives.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 10:58:02 AM »
Sounds like that guy only uses the backup monitor to back up! If he had it on he'd know exactly where those cars were located. You're 100% correct. It doesn't help our reputation.
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Dragonrover

• ---
  • 2007 Tiffin Motorhomes ALLEGRO 35MH
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 02:13:13 PM »
I had a great time there, but the weather I wasn't so happy with. I'm not used to all that humidity. The heat was fine, but the humidity... no way!
2007 Tiffin Motorhomes ALLEGRO 35MH

Orick

• ---
  • Went Full Time to Half Time but Still Fun Time
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of RVs on the road this morning.  Everyone homeward or otherwise bound, I suppose.  Hope you all had a great time in Louisville, except the heat of course.  That has been brutal this year.  We're now officially 42 days over 90 this summer.  We just expect to go outside, hit the "wall" and get wet and hot immediately, yet the work goes on. 

Be safe on the road!  This morning I saw a class A pulling a toad.  He (or she) had no clue about the length of his rig.  I watched that driver repeatedly cut off people as he merged back into the right lane.  Twice cars actually hit the shoulder trying to get out of his way.  That doesn't give us a good reputation...   :-\

Another question is what the heck he's doing even passing so many people?  I covered 200 miles today and can count on one hand the number of people I passed. 
Rick, Nancy, Peanut, Lola (Westies) & Bailey the Sheltie Dog
2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Ford Explorer Toad

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 08:12:13 PM »
Another question is what the heck he's doing even passing so many people?  I covered 200 miles today and can count on one hand the number of people I passed.

Rick,

The same for us.  We got 2  new front  tires this morning , had them balanced and then drove 395 miles to Columbia MO.  We passed ONE car.  As we approached it  Terry called out, "hey I am going to get to pass someone!"  This car was going about 45 of the Freeway.

Anyway isn't it amazing how so any RV's scatter in so many directions following a rally?   We are crossing the US again  heading West to Oregon and will decide in morning  if we go  on Highway  70 or take Highway 80. 
As we had no rain for almost 3 full days, mother nature decided to treat us to rain this afternoon through most of MO.  At least it has cooled down to 73.

What a rally!

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
Colorado weather forecast is for thunderstorms thru Saturday if that makes any difference in your travel plans.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

glfredrick

• ---
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2010, 07:48:43 AM »
It was early morning, and Louisville traffic is typically all jacked up, with some people running 45 and others 70.  I can understand switching to the left lane and pulling around people who are slowing to exit or to get out of the way of merging traffic where two interstates come together (as they do often in Louisville), but no excuse for not doing the job right.  Worst was when he stuffed his toad right into the radiator of a semi.  I think there was less than 10 feet to spare -- way too close for freeway speeds.

Godspeed to the RV Rally members as you travel all over the land!
Check out UCORA.org -- The United Christian Off-Road Alliance