Which and how many organizations should I join?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray D

In the event of an accident, I have towing insurance on my auto/RV insurance policy.
I've been a AAA member since the early 60s. Added our RV when we got it. Still have AAA. Like their maps, etc.
I have Good Sam towing and everything else they sell.  ::)  Like their maps, also.
I have Coachnet, going on 6 years, now.
I should be able to get towed out of whatever, whenever, however!  ::) ::) ::) 

Spending all that money for towing, I'd like to save something on camping.

Think I am convinced I need Passport America. ??
Pretty good idea that FMCA would be a good add-on. ??
Looked at SKPs. Do I need them, too?
Where do I stop?
Who did I miss?  ::)

Ray D  ;D ;D ???

Since you have CoachNet you don't need Good Sam towing as well.  You can drop that and save some money.  AAA is useful for the maps and guide books, but don't count on it for any roadside service for your RV.  Passport America is always a good membership to have, as it will pay for itself in just 3 or 4 nights a year.  FMCA is an excellent organization just for the benefits and magazine, and the rallies are very educational and fun too.  Escapees is good for the full timer as they offer services designed just for them.  We've used their mail forwarding service since going on the road in 1997 and find it's as flexible as any and cost competitive.  The Escapees also have a system of campgrounds that are reasonably priced for members.

I had to call a locksmith for a friend of mine last year. The locksmith said what Ned said about AAA. He said he stopped taking their calls because they never paid him.

Thanks, Ned. May drop Good Sam towing. I have used AAA once on our previous motorhome. Needed a jump start. Got going and imediately bought a new battery. Had neither Good Sam nor CoachNet, at the time.

Ray D  :)

We have everything you listed except Good Sam, let it expire recently because their magazine was nothing and we can get the same camping discount from other organizations. But we'll probably "re-join" the next time they offer a good deal. We like Escapees and FMCA for the people, for the rallies, and, in the case of Escapees, for their campgrounds. AAA is worth the membership price for the maps. Passport America pays for itself the first 3 or 4 nights you use it.

So we say join them all !! Of course, we're joiners.

Wendy

Wendy,

most GS parks can sell you a membership for $12.  We usually by it when we hit the first GS park that does not accept any of our other memberships when we leave in the winter or in this years case, it will be next spring when we head out.

OK, I joined everything. Got PA, FMCA, and SKPs. They all tell me I'll get my "packet" later.  ;)

So, who suggests what, for getting acquainted with these new services and what they do? Plan a trip? Read about services and....?? What to expect?  ???

Ray, getting my feet wet up to my neck, D  :eek:

Ray

Can't help you regarding SKPs. For PA, go to it's website and you can do a search for campgrounds. It'll show you locations by state and when you click on a CG it'll give you any restrictions and costs. I don't even bother with the PA book, it's easier on the web.

For FMCA, go to the member benefits page. It lists all of the benefits of belonging.

So glad I started reading this thread! These are questions I have as well, even though we aren't on the road yet. Saves me the trouble of asking.

Ray and Jean & Greyla the black lab.

Ray D said:
OK, I joined everything. Got PA, FMCA, and SKPs. They all tell me I'll get my "packet" later.  ;)

So, who suggests what, for getting acquainted with these new services and what they do? Plan a trip? Read about services and....?? What to expect?  ???

Ray, getting my feet wet up to my neck, D  :eek:

For SKPs, I would recommend attending an escapade like the one n Goshen IN.  Lou can help explain them.  For FMCA, the Rally in Bend OR this month would be ideal.  PA is covered well on their web site. 

Have fun,

Gary, I did what Wendy told me to do.  ;) 

And, no, I don't do anything half way! Got a reputation I have to maintain.  ::) 8) :eek:

here is another one to join... OvernightRVParking.com  should have them all  right Wendy  :)

Ray, in order to maintain your reputation, as well as continue to follow my sage advice, you need to join that one, too.

Tee Hee! Looks like I missed one!  ;D 

Glad I joined Coachnet. However, DH's new (used) car wouldn't start the other day. Called old reliable AAA. Got here quickly with new battery. HFWPOH! Should have given Coachnet an introduction.  ::)  Missed oportunity!  ::)  I have a hunch, however, we would have gotten the same towing company and the same battery.  ::)  ;D 

We should never want for towing coverage. Got Coachnet, Good Sam, AAA, and it's on my insurance, too.  8)  ??? 

I think we belong to everything, now.  8)

Ray D  :-\ 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom