Advice on a Quad Bunk house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funboat

Hello All,

We're looking for a quad bunkhouse  to park at a campground near a lake.  It will be a little stretch on our 1/2 ton SUV, but they will be short tows only twice per year and I tow our 5500 lb boat nearly every weekend and have pulled some large snowmobile trailers so I'm not horribly worried about that.  I would like to stay under 7500lbs dry though.

We've looked at floor plans and got some good advice from a salesman at General RV.  We want a quad bunk (or other combo that will sleep 4 kids back there).  A large single slide probably makes the most sense given our weight constraint.  Bathroom and dinette layout are less important.  Most of the quadbunks I've seen look very very similar and many are made by Forest River.  There is a Pilgrim for sale nearby that looks to have some nicer features.

Our price range is $10 to $15K.  We'd obviously like to stay towards the low end for our first TT.

Can anyone point me to some threads on brands, places to shop for used TT's, features to look for, how to inspect a used TT.  Opinions on Fiberglass vs. aluminum.  For our price range, aluminum is probably the way we'll go.

Thanks for any help!

Hi Funboat,
have you checked Craiglist and ebay?  I have seen some very good deals on both.

A couple of other manufacturers that you did not mention are Jayco and Bullet by Keystone. My wife & I are just beginning to look around at TT's also. We found a couple of Heartland "North Trail" models NT32QBSS & NT32BUDS that we fell in love with. Also found some Outback by Keystone bunk models and some "Tracer" by Prime Time that we like alot. Not sure if any of these are in your $$ range though. Just thought I would give you some more to check out.

Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom