EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: When towing four wheels down, can I go in reverse 2 inches? 8 inches? 10 feet?  (Read 7308 times)

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
I can unhook in less than 2 minutes if it ever becomes necessary, but in almost 10 years of towing 4-down it hasn't happened. There have been a few occasions where a straight backup of a few feet or so was needed to grab some extra turn clearance, but there's never even been a need to lock the steering wheel to manage that simple task. And with a 3,500 lb car attached to an 8,000 lb rated tow bar,  I'm quite sure no unusual stresses were placed on it.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
I pulled into a gas station at a bad angle and too close to the pump island that I couldn't get my toad pass the pumps when we were leaving. So I backed up without unhooking. Eileen was at the back with a walkie-talkie. Took about ten minutes of frustration. Backup go forward, backup go forward and repeat and repeat. When I finally got past the pumps and drove forward to go around the back of the station to exit, it was a dead end!!  :-\ Had to UNHOOK turn around and HOOKUP and go back out the way we came! We had a good laugh over that. Seriously I can connect or disconnect the toad in about two minutes.
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

Hosted by Over The Network