Replacing a Surround Sound Receiver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raceman3

I have a 2008 Coachman Captiva that came with a DVD Player / surround sound receiver.  The DVD player has taken a ghost walk and is very picky about the DVD's it plays if it plays at all.  That being said I decided to look for a replacement but was unable to find just the receiver / DVD player without purchasing speakers as well.  I finally broke down and picked one up this week which came with the speakers that I don't need since mine are built into the ceiling.  I hooked up the new receiver and everything sounded fine inside.  I went out to get something from my truck and noticed that the outside speakers had some garbled noise coming from them which I thought was odd because the inside selector switch was set to inside only.  I looked at my old receiver and noticed that on the back all the speaker connections were rated for 4 ohms.  I pulled the new receiver out and the connections on the back were rated for 6 and 8 ohms.  Put the old receiver back in and the outside speakers function as they should.  My question is where do I go from here?  I can't seem to find anybody that makes a 4 ohm DVD/receiver combo anymore they are all rated for 8 ohms.  I really don't want to replace all my speakers since there is nothing wrong with them and I still have the issue of the selector switch where the bleed-over occurs.  I had thought about putting a 4 ohm resistor on the positive speaker leads but apparently nobody makes them anymore and if the do they are only rated for about 20 watts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom