TP alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky

<< I switched to NQ and promptly jammed my macerator three times within a two week period.? that never happened before. <<

That's funny as I have never had my 3" dump hose clog in 12 years...no matter what was in the tank.<G>? Care to elaborate on the messy job of unclogging it?

LOL Terry, well it wasn't fun.  It made me wish I had the regular 3 inch hose.

I had to undo the macerator, but that was the easy part, just twist it off.  Then of course out rushed the pent up sewage between the macerator and tank outlet... about a pint or so.  Had a bucket ready but it wasn't fun.

Then the ugly part, pulling toilet paper out of the blades with a pair of pliers.

In some respects the good old fashioned hose is better.  But the macerator allows me to pump several hundred feet and the 1 inch accordian hose stores really well.  Nothing can replace it for borrowing sceptic tanks or reaching public bathrooms at fairgrounds.  And as I said, this clogging only happened with the NQ.

Smoky said:
LOL Terry, well it wasn't fun.  It made me wish I had the regular 3 inch hose.

I had to undo the macerator, but that was the easy part, just twist it off.  Then of course out rushed the pent up sewage between the macerator and tank outlet... about a pint or so.  Had a bucket ready but it wasn't fun.

Then the ugly part, pulling toilet paper out of the blades with a pair of pliers.

In some respects the good old fashioned hose is better.  But the macerator allows me to pump several hundred feet and the 1 inch accordion hose stores really well.  Nothing can replace it for borrowing sceptic tanks or reaching public bathrooms at fairgrounds.  And as I said, this clogging only happened with the NW.

Smoky,

If it's an easy twist on, twist off, why don't you only install the macerator when you need it. Otherwise use the 3" hose.

Mainly because the storage is so much better with the macerator, plus it has been trouble free except for the NQ episodes. The 20 foot accordion hose takes up less space than a 10 foot 3 inch standard sewer hose would take.? It is very fast also, with its pumping action.? The way I see it, with the macerator operative, I never have to change anything.? With the 3 inch hose operative, I would have to change every time I ran into a situation needing the macerator.

I have and have used both a macerator and the 3" solution.  My 3" hose takes up exactly NO storage space (Actually I have 2 or 3 of them,  Two of them take up NO storage space.. I'd have to find the 3rd)

I added a special compartment just for sewage hoses

I don't know about John but I keep both of my compressed Rhino hoses in the bottom of the compartment that houses the holding tank drains. I am taking up zero storage space that could be used for other items.

Woody

Smoky said:
John:

How can a 3 inch hose take up "exactly no storage space"?

I bolted a six inch PVC pipe (with caps) under the motor home where there was far more room and no storage compartments.  The swere hoses go in to this pipe, (it has drainage pipes and such) thus no storage is occupied by the hose... The hose support (Slunky) goes in the wet compartment (The one under the tanks) so it too does not occupy valuable storage space  Most of the water adapters and such go in the other wet compartment (my rig has 2)

Well gee all those things take up storage.  You are just "relocating" the storage.  :D

That reminds me of another advantage of the macerator... it eliminates the need for a hose support device.

Actually I'm creating additional storage for the job.. Not moving it.  The particular 20' hose I have comes in it's own storage... I'm not pleased with the reliablity of that storage though so I put it INSIDE the pipe

Back
Top Bottom