Charger Draw When Operating on 20amp Shore Power?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orick

We're currently set up at my father in law's little farm in Minnesota and hooked up to a 20amp circuit in his barn. I'm actually quite impressed with performance of my EMS in these conditions. It's been hot and humid so naturally the AC is the big current draw but the EMS has managed it well... running only the first stage of my basement air but it's kept us reasonably comfortable so far.

We're being careful not to use unnecessary appliances, etc and trying to keep the steady state draw at or below 18 amps. So far so good.

My question concerns the battery charger built in to my Dimensions inverter. I always keep it set to limit current to 5 amps to avoid cooking my batteries.... again... but that's another story. Does the charger pose a threat to tripping a 20 amp breaker if it were to come on and begin a charge cycle? Should I manually turn off the charger from the Dimensions control panel to avoid this and then turn it back on before we travel?

It seems I take two steps forward and one step back with my understand of how this stuff works... but I'm getting there! 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom